P2V+ assistant software upgrade

Reaction score
What is the proper way to upgrade my P2V+ assistant software? My current version is P2V 3.2. Should I go directly to PV2+ v3.6 or v3.4 first?
Thanks

Upgrade directly to v3.6.
Also upgrade the battery firmware on the upgrade page of the assistant; run this update for each of your batteries if you have more than one.
However do not!!!! upgrade the Zen (camera/gimbal) because that will corrupt you gimbal tiling if you do not have the new Tx.
FA

1st install the most current manual for the vPlus. Place it in a common area such as the desktop and be ready to use it!

There is a difference in Assistant software and firmware for your quad. The assistant software is required in order to install firmware into the quad. Upgrade the assistant software. After you install the most recent version of assistant software, activate it and look around in it to take notice of any differences. If you see something you are not familiar with, use the manual. Once you are finished doing that you will be ready to connect your quad and update the quads firmware. At this point follow the instructions given. Be prepared to calibrate the compass prior to the 1st flight after updating the firmware. After doing all of this, if you have any questions search the manual, and then come here if you still need help.

I should have read this forum before updating.
However do not!!!! upgrade the Zen (camera/gimbal) because that will corrupt you gimbal tiling if you do not have the new Tx
I did this upgrade and now my live feed is broken and I can not make it work again. I can take pictures, shoot movies and control the tilt of the camera, but no live feed.

Is there a work around this? Can I go back to the previous version?

Regards

Check your preview quality settings and make sure they're turned down to minimum then relaunch the app.
Not sure if it will fix your problem but these's a new version of the DJI app for your smart phone which you might try if you've not already.
Worth a shot :D

brunofcampos said:
I should have read this forum before updating.
However do not!!!! upgrade the Zen (camera/gimbal) because that will corrupt you gimbal tiling if you do not have the new Tx
I did this upgrade and now my live feed is broken and I can not make it work again. I can take pictures, shoot movies and control the tilt of the camera, but no live feed.

Is there a work around this? Can I go back to the previous version?

Regards

I still have not updated the firmware. You always want to keep an eye on forums before making any changes. And not just the day after either. It takes around a week for any common issues to show up.

So your problem now is your wifi is not working. You will 1st want to make sure you are connected to wifi. See if your phantom is on the list, if not connected, then let us know after you select connect and it still doesn't connect.

dbooty said:
Check your preview quality settings and make sure they're turned down to minimum then relaunch the app.
Not sure if it will fix your problem but these's a new version of the DJI app for your smart phone which you might try if you've not already.
Worth a shot :D

Sorry I didn't read this through. My old TX works fine, was wondering if the new one was going to work OK. I upgraded the vision app first, and then lost all the camera functions. The tilt worked fine but no picture or ability to take a pic or video. Once the firmware was updated, it was all fine

I'm a little confused. I thought I am supposed to upgrade the RC Assistant, first, but there doesn't seem to be a new RC Assistant version to upgrade to. Is that correct?

That is correct. There is a Phantom Assistant v3.6 upgrade, and there is a Phantom Vision App upgrade. After installing the new Phantom Assistant v3.6, connect your phantom via USB. Turn it on, and run the new v3.6 software. Several upgrades to the phantom will be listed. Click and install each one. If the upgrade gods were pleased with you, things will proceed successfully.

Some of us have been successful, the gods were pleased.

Thanks. The gods were kind. I also refrained from upgrading the Zen gimbal, so all seems good.

I wonder if this missing item is another bug.

Capture.jpg

Hi all
Thanks for the replies.
Unfortunately my live view is still not working.
The camera takes pictures and I can control the tilt.
Wifi is working fine and I have bound again successfully.
Android application
app version 1.0.54
Camera version 1.2.5g
NAZA-M version 3.08

Tried changing from Naza-M mode to Phantom Mode and back. Still no image
I do not get the message connection broken. Wifi is there and signal is strong.

I have not flown the drone for a few weeks.
Never had any issues with upgrades.
This one caught me. Any suggestions?
Regards

Luckily I was able to update everything with no issues. Did have one batt take a few attempts but it finally took. Have not had a chance to fly yet but everything appears fine so far.

I don't understand how this could be an issue with the wifi extender. The connection is good. Never loose it. THe phantom is 1 meter from the wifi extender. They bind correctly. The app on the phone finds and connects to the wifi.
I believe the wifi extender has no other function as to provide the connectivity between the phantom and the application.
Unless it uses a different port and it is disabled...
4wd - can you please elaborate on your answer?

By the way, I already uninstalled the application on both my android devices and re-installed them. No image.
Ran out of options. Please help.

Thank you for your help

Thank you for the link. I thought you were referring to the wifi range extender. The one on the RC.
Cheers

Sounds like the wifi module is still working because you are getting the connection broken error.

Before you pull it apart, inspect the 3 grey cable coming from the phantom to the Gimbal/Camera control board.
In the 3 sets of cables, there is one that clips in. Use tweezers and carefully unclip it and inspect it and make sure the pins are sitting nicely.
Plug back in and inspect the other 2 cables and make sure they are seated nicely.

aartsf said:
Upgrade directly to v3.6.
Also upgrade the battery firmware on the upgrade page of the assistant; run this update for each of your batteries if you have more than one.
However do not!!!! upgrade the Zen (camera/gimbal) because that will corrupt you gimbal tiling if you do not have the new Tx.
FA

I’m a little confused. I already updated the “Zen IMU” under version 3.2 in the assistant program.
Loader = 0.0.0.8
Hardware ID = -1
Firmware = 1.0.0.6
The camera still tilts up and down just fine using my Moverio glasses device.

I did successfully upgrade both batteries using assistant program v3.6. Thanks for the advice.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4