P2V+ as a back-up. Buy now or wait?

Reaction score
I've only been an owner for a short time, a few days before my gimbal problem made me send back my aircraft for a replacement, but in those few days, I did a lot of work for people I do business with in my other line of work. Mainly automotive, agricultural and real estate. This involved just taking free photos for them and practice for me. But I can already see should I ever decide to do it for profit, IF it is legal, the demand will be great and therefore I've already decided to buy a back-up drone, or even 2. My question is, should I buy another PV2+ now, or wait and see what DJI has in store in the coming months. I'm not worried about crashing due to pilot error, because I only fly in open, treeless areas and never out of sight But those damned fly-aways are always in the back of my mind and I'm not sure if its a true big problem for DJI and therefore I shouldn't consider a second one at all now. Any and all opinions appreciated. Please no trolls though. :geek:

JWarren said:
I've only been an owner for a short time, a few days before my gimbal problem made me send back my aircraft for a replacement, but in those few days, I did a lot of work for people I do business with in my other line of work. Mainly automotive, agricultural and real estate. This involved just taking free photos for them and practice for me. But I can already see should I ever decide to do it for profit, IF it is legal, the demand will be great and therefore I've already decided to buy a back-up drone, or even 2. My question is, should I buy another PV2+ now, or wait and see what DJI has in store in the coming months. I'm not worried about crashing due to pilot error, because I only fly in open, treeless areas and never out of sight But those damned fly-aways are always in the back of my mind and I'm not sure if its a true big problem for DJI and therefore I shouldn't consider a second one at all now. Any and all opinions appreciated. Please no trolls though. :geek:
No Trolls?......oh OK.
If you're happy to wait, I'd wait. But, if like me, you want to fly and film now you should buy immediately. Forget fly aways, think about getting another P2V+ AND a P2 with HD 3D gimbal, iOSD and FPV setup. That would be a great little fleet to have.

Thank you sir for your kind response. The P2 with HD3D Gimbal intrigues me. Which would be considered the better unit? That one or the PV2+? Thanks in advance.

J.

JWarren said:

The way I see it..
The Vision plus is like the ALL in one sound system with CD/DVD/Tape deck/Amp/Radio/Speaker combo. Relatively OK price and does the job. Now, if the amplifier blows, the whole thing is a brick. If this analogy is true to you then buy another All-in-one-system.

On the other hand, DJI 550 is more like the component Audio Sound system where you can decide what want and even choose another brand. eg, If you want Brand X for an AMP and Brand C for speakers. And obviously it will cost more and it will sound better and do more. You can detach/attach and mod to your liking. Advantage is that you will look more pro and sound more pro. You built it.

Just bare in mind, that we live in a made-in-China-disposable-era. It's cheaper to buy a bubblejet printer and throw it away then to buy the refill cartridge.

JWarren said:
Thank you sir for your kind response. The P2 with HD3D Gimbal intrigues me. Which would be considered the better unit? That one or the PV2+? Thanks in advance.

J.

The P2 H3D3 can be equipped with the high-end GoPro cameras, and thus takes better pictures/videos. But it lacks many of the features found on the PV+. Out-of-the-box you get no FPV, no telemetry, & no camera control in the air. You hit record before you lift off, either set to video or interval photo, and hope you are pointing at the target. You can add FPV and telemetry, but you can't add the ability to fully control/modify camera settings in the air as you can with a PV+. It also is nowhere near as elegant because you have a bunch of wires dangling out of the craft connecting to the various external components. You can buy very nice, ready--to-go P2-H3D3 models from places like DSL Pros, but expect to pay a lot of money.

Link to DSL Pro Drone Kits:

http://www.dslrpros.com/dslrpros-products/dslr-drone-kits.html

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic