P2v+ and pix4d problem

Reaction score
Hello. I have just begun experimenting with pix4d. Have gotten by the camera orientation problem. Have flown 7 missions of various sizes and uploaded to cloud. Each time it says "Error while processing mission. " I know the grids were small enough and the overlap is sufficient. I don't need to create GCPs right? I know the camera saves location in deg/min/sec rather than decimal degrees but that shouldn't be a problem.
Can't check camera firmware for sure but it saves .raw files so think that is the v1.3.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

GCP are not required at this stage, especially if the images are geotagged. Are you running the initial processing at normal resolution? Usually that error message at the start of processing is a sign of bad imagery (focus, lighting, overlap) What is your overlap? You might toss in some manual tie points but w/o knowing what you've collected its difficult to say.

Thanks for the reply. I will run another mission tomorrow. The only choices I remember when uploading to cloud were "Quick" and "Full". I will ensure it is on Full.

Collin

Same result: 60 m elevation, 110 x 110 m grid 60 m overlap. The only thing I have noticed is that Pix4d camera icon is not functional, only the ground station works properly. Camera view works normally in DJI software. Maybe I don't have the v1.3 firmware. It is no longer available from DJI website.

Collin

OK .I'm an idiot. Please. Disregard

I did not have camera firmware V 1.3 after all. Found a very helpful youtube video on installation procedure. (
)

I was fooled by DJI message saying Phantom 2 support was suspended. Didn't click past it.

Collin

I've never used their cloud services, yet. Just high end desktop PC's. I'm curious on their processing times.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hello everyone, sorry someone speak spanish? I need help about pix4d, dont work well, but my english isn´t well. thanks a lot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair