P2V+ 3.0 Gone

Reaction score
What might be the likely cause for a P2V+ to do this......

Never a single issue previously.

Hovering at 120ft........over water...

Then suddenly take a dive at 45 deg angle into the sea? All over in less than 2 seconds.

No stick inputs....could hear motors go into high speed and just dived into the sea tipped down.

No birds in sight. Happened so fast. Phantom is gone forever.

Well that sucks to hear. Described like so many others that failed. :(

Sounds like one of the ESC's failed and the other three revved up trying to compensate. But it can't fly with only three so to angles and goes down.

Reactions: JKDSensei
Sounds like one of the ESC's failed and the other three revved up trying to compensate. But it can't fly with only three so to angles and goes down.

This is exactly what I thought. Unless it lost a prop somehow. Or if one motor overheated, melted the plastic and left the mount. ESC board failures common with P2's

The plastic melting usually comes from motors running and props getting halted by obsticles causing the ESC to go into high speed and motors heating up due to being stopped/blocked from turning. Have never known of one heating up while in the air and getting sufficient air cooling. Usually comes fron crashes or tilting itch something stopping the pop from turning.

What might be the likely cause for a P2V+ to do this......

Never a single issue previously.

Hovering at 120ft........over water...

Then suddenly take a dive at 45 deg angle into the sea? All over in less than 2 seconds.

No stick inputs....could hear motors go into high speed and just dived into the sea tipped down.

No birds in sight. Happened so fast. Phantom is gone forever.

I have noticed that many of these type of losses start with " while hovering " or similar. Seldom do you see someone saying it was flying straight to something and then veer off.
Could the act of hovering tax the naza system.
It would seem holding an exact spot would take more effort than just doing a simple forward thrust at 50% throttle or so.

sorry to hear about your pv2. it seems my days are numbered the more I read!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20