P2 with GoPro Hero3 - lens options?

Reaction score
i'm not liking the characteristics of the stock gopro lens with the wide angle bending. especially when i'm shooting towards the ground. what lenses are you guys using? i saw one online that was a 5.4mm that was $135. i'd rather consider a new lens over computer software to fix the issue.

thanks.

i was going through the settings via the app and i only had the "wide" option.

i'm not liking the characteristics of the stock gopro lens with the wide angle bending. especially when i'm shooting towards the ground. what lenses are you guys using? i saw one online that was a 5.4mm that was $135. i'd rather consider a new lens over computer software to fix the issue.

thanks.

I have 3 GoPro cameras hero 3+ silver & black an a hero 4 black. The silver has the stock lens while the black has a 5.4mm 60° lens and hero 4 has a 3.97 82° lens. All purchased from Peau Productions in CA. Their prices are bit higher then some online vendors but with those cheaper prices you do not get any of the fitting you may need. If you decide to change the lens in you camera I suggest also buying lens mount for 10 dollars and just swap out the lens as an assembly. If you don't GP lens protectors to cover lens while flying to protect you investment wouldn't be a bad idea.

You also find that you also have the same width settings with an new lens as you do with the stock lens.

thanks guys.
i found Peau online with some good options. looks like its a setting issue as well with MP's. i did see the lens shield also. good idea.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik