P2 Vision spins uncontrollably (new build)

Reaction score
Hi all
I have recently built a P2 Vision from parts into a new shell. I have used new 2312/960kv motors and new Brushless Part No.07 ESC's, a new original battery, the rest was more or less bought as used parts.
I have gone through the calibration process a number of times as well as setting the compass (compass dance). The LED's show a good GPS lock.
When it lifts off it just starts to spin out of control and the only thing i can do to save it smashing up, is to dump it.
I have viewed video's and diagrams to make sure that I have got the internal wires and connections correct.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions that would assist in identifying the problem and fixing it.

thanks in advance.

Proper rotation on props?
2 CW, 2CCW?

Hi
Yes 2 CW and 2 CCW, the rotation is as it should be and all props self tighten.

So the front 2 spin in different directions and the same at the rear, have you set the gains to default settings.

Have you done the IMU calibration
Is the controller set to the correct mode, i.e. Left stick is throttle and yaw

Lastly and most important is the plug in the Naza correctly, a friend of mine setup a P2V and he had a wire upside down in the Naza so 1 was 4 2 was 3 etc and thus the motors fired incorrectly.

This plug

Attachments

• IMG_0210.JPG
    IMG_0210.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 295
Thanks for your suggestions, I will work through them all starting with checking the Naza connection. I have gone through the advanced calibration twice using the DJI assistant software. Is the IMU calibration something else than this ? (I will google it) The controller is in the correct mode, left is throttle etc and the gain is set to default, from memory, two were 125% which I read was correct. I will check the other things and let you know how I get on.

So the front 2 spin in different directions and the same at the rear, have you set the gains to default settings.

Have you done the IMU calibration
Is the controller set to the correct mode, i.e. Left stick is throttle and yaw

Lastly and most important is the plug in the Naza correctly, a friend of mine setup a P2V and he had a wire upside down in the Naza so 1 was 4 2 was 3 etc and thus the motors fired incorrectly.

This plug
Ok, I have just worked through all of your suggestions, the Naza was connected correctly as per the image, all props spin as they should do. I have completed IMU calibration and it all went fine. The controller is in mode 2 with the left stick controlling the throttle.
After doing all of this, I took it out, did the compass calibration dance and all was well, good GPS lock. The phantom lifted off and immediately started spinning anticlockwise, so I had to cut the power and dump it.

So, I am still struggling to resolve this problem.
Thanks

For the quad to spin in any direction suggests that motor rotation is incorrect, all 4 motors should spin in a direction that directly counters movement caused by opposing motors.

So let's try this
Looking at the quad from the back
Front motor on the left has a blade that you put on by spinning anti-clockwise
Front motor on the right has a blade that you put on by spinning clockwise
Rear motor on the left has a blade that spins on clockwise
Rear motor on the right has a blade that spins on Anti-clockwise

Assuming all this is true then my only thought is that the Compass has an issue and can't determine direction of quad.

Check if the compass is on the correct leg position.

Even tho I think that'll cause a drift more then anything else.

Last edited:
For the quad to spin in any direction suggests that motor rotation is incorrect, all 4 motors should spin in a direction that directly counters movement caused by opposing motors.

So let's try this
Looking at the quad from the back
Front motor on the left has a blade that you put on by spinning anti-clockwise
Front motor on the right has a blade that you put on by spinning clockwise
Rear motor on the left has a blade that spins on clockwise
Rear motor on the right has a blade that spins on Anti-clockwise

Assuming all this is true then my only thought is that the Compass has an issue and can't determine direction of quad.
I have just checked and all props spin as you describe and match up with the rotational diagrams on the top cover.
I will have to have a look at the compass, although it is a new one and is mounted on the back right side. It came already fitted when I bought new landing gear.
i have read that they can be reset using a magnet ?? is this correct and how is it done ?

Thanks

You can check compass in Naza assistant. No need to perform tasks out of experimentation.
Do you have Naza properly oriented in a/c?

Thank you all for your suggestions, I have finally got it worked out. crash1sttime you were right about the motors. I had got them all spinning in the right direction, just on the wrong corners !!! Schoolboy error on my part. Anyway now I can progress and get FPV installed and working.

Thank you all for your suggestions, I have finally got it worked out. crash1sttime you were right about the motors. I had got them all spinning in the right direction, just on the wrong corners !!! Schoolboy error on my part. Anyway now I can progress and get FPV installed and working.

Glad to hear it, as for FPV if it has the white egg camera then FPV should be easy as binding the camera to the extender and that's it, plenty of vids on YouTube for that, unless your unfortunate enough to have bought one where the camera was damaged by the extender update in which case your not getting FPV working, there are a lot of posts on here about the issue .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers