P2 Vision + Gimbal Erratic

Reaction score
Hey guys, any help would be greatly appreciated. I had a small crash but nothing major and now the gimbal/camera goes crazy. Here is a video below, I have tried the repair by unscrewing the three screws and making sure the D shaped knob is aligned correctly and put everything back together twice but still have this same issue. Does anyone have any tips on what to try next? PLEASE!!! :D

that's an easy fix.
right at the top of the yaw arm (L shaped) where it mounts to the main board motor shaft is a small silver hex.
tighten that screw in and you are good to go.

hani

This screw.
It's a 1.5mm hex
And make sure it's not touching the upper plate when tightening down otherwise it
won't yaw. you want the yaw arm as low down, closer to the bearings.
picture is upside down so keep that in mind ;)

image.jpg

that's an easy fix.
right at the top of the yaw arm (L shaped) where it mounts to the main board motor shaft is a small silver hex.
tighten that screw in and you are good to go.

hani

Thanks so much for the replies guys. I assume you mean the screw with the arrow pointing to it right? I checked that and it was already tight it wouldnt budge any at all. Anything else I could try?

upload_2015-7-4_22-33-38.png

yes that's the right screw.
if it was tight then there is a potentiometer on top, inside the main case that probably has a crack in it or one of the three transistors that is on that PCB
broke off. but i am pretty sure it has something to do with the main board with that behavior.

yes that's the right screw.
if it was tight then there is a potentiometer on top, inside the main case that probably has a crack in it or one of the three transistors that is on that PCB
broke off. but i am pretty sure it has something to do with the main board with that behavior.

Anything I can fix myself or not? How can I check? Any videos on how to take it apart?

Thanks for all the replies. What's weird is all the videos on youtube is of the actual camera part flipping and going crazy and the repair to fix the D screw part. I have tried that and it didnt fix it. What is weird that I dont see alot of people having the issue I am having is the arm tries to swing and it vibrates like crazy not the actual camera part going nuts. Really weird.

Quick update, I get the gimbal error and the erratic behavior when I dont have the remote hooked up. Once I hookup the remote like I am going to fly it stops but the camera is tilted 20 degrees. Do I fix the camera tilt by the D screw or is that a software issue?

Another update, like I said once I connect the controller I get the gimbal error on my iphone but the erratic behavior stops. I then take off to fly and everything works as normal I can turn the gimbal up and down but its cocked ot the side. I have messed with the D bolt and notice everyone says to use Loctite 290 (wicking) but for some reason no one around here carries it. So I need to order it on Amazon. While I wait, I noticed this.... in the video does this seem too loose if you check your P2V+? Any thoughts if so on how to tighten or fix it?

loctite 290 is not going to fix your issue.
permatex maybe but it looks like you need a new rotor because the aluminum probably bent enough where the shaft goes in that it won't hold it even
if you apply loctite or permatex.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav