P2 vision camera onto a P2

Reaction score
Just because I wanted to know,

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: J Dot and dirkclod
Only requires 2 wires!
Sweet! All p2's use the same main boards, so all interchangeable! But still fun to build! Good job!

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Only requires 2 wires!
Sweet! All p2's use the same main boards, so all interchangeable! But still fun to build! Good job!

J Dot

Jerry A P2 vision camera is setup to operate on wifi but a P2 non vision doesn't have that capability and would work the same way basically as a GoPro.

@jason , sorry I don't get what you mean

@jason , sorry I don't get what you mean

If the intent was to use the P2 vision + camera/gimbal on the P2 non vision in the same way there's no wifi to trigger the camera on/off plus the other camera functions.

Hello,
Hey Jason, I think there is some confusion, he has put a FC200 camera/gimbal on a P2 craft, neither craft is the newer plus model.

You only need 2 wires ( both in p2v cable pack )
1) white camera wire ( power function cable ) looks like a headphone jack on one end.
2) servo pitch wire ( from F2 port on naza )
Plus an FC200 camera unit, obviously.
Then your P2 non vision, is a bright new P2v non plus!

Hope this helps!

J Dot
:cool:

Of course that is an assumption that it is P2 vision and not P2 vision + camera/gimbal. But in comparison to a stock GP it a poor choice for video or photos.

Yeah,
I think he was more just stating it could be done, like a myth buster.
Just in case someone ever wanted to , they could. Still fun to fool around with stuff. I always love when people aren't scared to experiment with stuff, as most are scared to even open their birds, or even try to fix something. Best choice? Maybe not. Informative, and helpful? DEFINATELY!

j Dot

. Still fun to fool around with stuff. I always love when people aren't scared to experiment with stuff,

Me too Jerry and +1 to ya crash .:)

Reactions: J Dot
If the intent was to use the P2 vision + camera/gimbal on the P2 non vision in the same way there's no wifi to trigger the camera on/off plus the other camera functions.

I think the clue is in the name of the post, "Phantom 2 Vision camera on a Phantom 2"

Never mentioned the plus at any time

Of course that is an assumption that it is P2 vision and not P2 vision + camera/gimbal. But in comparison to a stock GP it a poor choice for video or photos.

Now your getting it Jason, as for how the P2V camera performs in relation to a GP ( GoPro) then the P2V camera isnt bad at all, it shoots in 1080I and 14MP photos, plus you dont need any other hardware apart from a Range Extender.

Best choice? Maybe not. Informative, and helpful? DEFINATELY!

j Dot

Thanks Jerry, it was just for fun.

Me too Jerry and +1 to ya crash .:)

Cheers Dirk my friend .:

Hello,
Hey Jason, I think there is some confusion, he has put a FC200 camera/gimbal on a P2 craft, neither craft is the newer plus model.

You only need 2 wires ( both in p2v cable pack )
1) white camera wire ( power function cable ) looks like a headphone jack on one end.
2) servo pitch wire ( from F2 port on naza )
Plus an FC200 camera unit, obviously.
Then your P2 non vision, is a bright new P2v non plus!

Hope this helps!

J Dot
And of course a 5.8 receiver/remote[emoji41]

And of course a 5.8 receiver/remote[emoji41]

Good call my friend! Good call. Lol
I always build them , funny I never worked on a working one? Always used spare p2v parts, ( hence 5.8ghz Rx and Tx. ) see even I can over look stuff! ( forgot some p2's use 2.4ghz ) got spoiled on the vision I guess!

A+

J Dot
Take care, Fly safe!

I think the clue is in the name of the post, "Phantom 2 Vision camera on a Phantom 2"

Never mentioned the plus at any time:

You are making an assumption as many do not bother to put all the info in when asking questions or for help.

Clint headshake.gif

Reactions: J Dot
I just realised the one mistake from reading this post, it would of course need the controller changing to the 5.8ghz as pointed out by dirtybum

Sent from iToaster using plutonium

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers