P2 Very unstable. Drifting

Reaction score
I will say I have limited experience and sure don't like flying without a camera. This P2 that has had numerous crashes seems to indicate good GPS lock with just Flashing green with hover in position pretty well then next thing you know acts like it it ATL mode and starts drifting and sliding. Would this be more of a Compass or Gps issue?
EDIT: I was in PA in the area but still a long way off from the Blue mountains. No real wind to speak of. Temps around 60. 150-300 ft

Last edited:
I will say I have limited experience and sure don't like flying without a camera. This P2 that has had numerous crashes seems to indicate good GPS lock with just Flashing green with hover in position pretty well then next thing you know acts like it it ATL mode and starts drifting and sliding. Would this be more of a Compass or Gps issue?
EDIT: I was in PA in the area but still a long way off from the Blue mountains. No real wind to speak of. Temps around 60. 150-300 ft

Make sure you are waiting for the 2nd set off fast flashing GREEN leds.

1st set of flashing green at 30 seconds is compass setting for course lock.
2nd set is GPS lock for home point. time varies for this and can take several minutes with older P2/P2vision antennas.

if you fly prior to BOTH sets of green you are in ATTI made with no gps help

you may want to research antenna upgrades on p2 vision plus , very common early in 2015

Make sure you are waiting for the 2nd set off fast flashing GREEN leds.

1st set of flashing green at 30 seconds is compass setting for course lock.
2nd set is GPS lock for home point. time varies for this and can take several minutes with older P2/P2vision antennas.

if you fly prior to BOTH sets of green you are in ATTI made with no gps help

you may want to research antenna upgrades on p2 vision plus , very common early in 2015

I was getting fast flashing green and then it settled down. Certainly not as stable as a P3. Was sliding way to much more like ATL mode.

I was getting fast flashing green and then it settled down. Certainly not as stable as a P3. Was sliding way to much more like ATL mode.

are you getting 2 sets of green or just one,
it sounds like you are not waiting for gps lock---IE SECOND SET of fast green leds.

without second set showing GPS lock you WILL drift with wind etc.

with gps lock a p2 should sit still waiting for you just like a P#

Have you bothered to do an advanced IMU calibration after the numerous crashes you've had? If not it's about time you had. The IMU should be done after a crash or any time you are in the shell to modify or making repair. It should also done on a level surface.

it sounds like you are not waiting for gps lock---IE SECOND SET of fast green leds.

It was at fast green then a few minutes went to a slow steady green

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The problem the OP is having nothing to do with compass or GPS signal but plenty to with not calibrating the IMU after crashing his quad.several times.

The unit counts down with 3 alternating green the 3 red, green 2 red, green 1 red then onto slow flashing green. I will be moving forward full throttle and let off and it will slide 20 feet or so. Doesn't have that abrupt stop and quick lift like P3.

The unit counts down with 3 alternating green the 3 red, green 2 red, green 1 red then onto slow flashing green. I will be moving forward full throttle and let off and it will slide 20 feet or so. Doesn't have that abrupt stop and quick lift like P3.

I guess checking to see what color the LED's are flashing is more important then doing an IMU calibration after the numerous crashes you've had.

Reactions: kirk2579
It needed an imu calibration and was completed as well as the unit was set on Naza M. I put it back on Phantom. Also did the dance. No real difference

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31