P2 V2 Landing Gear Mod +PaintJob

Reaction score
Today i decided to tear apart my P2 and paint it. I also wanted to mod my landing gear in some way to make it higher off of the ground, and take that ugly corner out of my shots.
I went to the store to pick up some paint and also got a 3/8 wooden dowel, 1/4 clear tubing, heat shrink, and some zip-ties. First I put my go pro on the drone and set it to the widest camera angle then marked the visible parts of the leg. Then i gutted the P2 and set all the electronics aside. I used my markings to cut out the 90 degree angle then flipped it over and used the heat shrink to hold it in place. The added minimal amounts of hot glue to make it sturdy. Next slid the tubing around the dowels like a sheath along the bottom then zip-tied them to each leg and added hot glue to reinforce. Overall the landing gear mod is great and on added 12 grams. I'm painting it tomorrow morning Red and Yellow with a matte clear coat. I will post pictures of the paint job when it's finished.
IMG_2239.JPG

IMG_2240.JPG
IMG_2241.JPG
IMG_2242.JPG
IMG_2244.JPG

Reactions: dirkclod
If it works for you that great. My camera doesn't see my legs so I don't have the same issue. A different height could help but after a year + flying I don't see a need for me to change it now. Good luck and happy flying.
I really don't think the zip ties are going to hold those extensions if she hit down very hard. Looks like they will slide upwards. Just my two cents. I'd drill and screw a screw in each leg to lock them in.

Guess he'll have to shorten the front props next.:)

If it works for you that great. My camera doesn't see my legs so I don't have the same issue. A different height could help but after a year + flying I don't see a need for me to change it now. Good luck and happy flying.
I really don't think the zip ties are going to hold those extensions if she hit down very hard. Looks like they will slide upwards. Just my two cents. I'd drill and screw a screw in each leg to lock them in.

I glued the zip-ties to the legs and it's actually very stable. The main reason i did it this way was to avoid the compass issue with p2 v2 aftermarket landing gears.

I can just fly backwards for a clear shot without props [emoji3]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4