P2 v2.0 Throttling up on landing

Reaction score
After adding all my parts into my P2 inlcuding iOSD, Datalink and FPV Tx, I noticed that after flight and during landing/idling on the ground, the motors start to slowly throttle up. At first I freaked as I though it was going to take off by itself so I cut the power to the motors. I started the motors back up and did a quick throttle up and landed again without issue but, it very slow started throttle up and eventually back down again. This seemed to happen several times before I cut power to the motors. The craft never took off by itself but, I've never seen that happen before until all my part were added.

Anyone else experience this?

I think that is normal, I've seen (and read about) it before. Once you land you should shut the motors off immediately.

+1 with the other guys.

Unless you want to practices touch n go.

There is no "idle". What is happening is that the barometric altimeter sensor in the MC is detecting a change in pressure. Most likely a small gust of wind. If his tiny change in pressure tells the MC that the Phantom is descending, it will throttle up to compensate. When you land, shut it down or it will try to fly again. Especially if you just turn off the remote and the home point is not where the Phantom is "idling".

Not knowing how the sensor data is blended it's likely a combo of all of them drifting which may explain the tendency to tip over rather than actually rise up and hover.

Not knowing how the sensor data is blended it's likely a combo of all of them drifting which may explain the tendency to tip over rather than actually rise up and hover.
Agreed.. it's most likely the randomness of the GPS location combined with the barometer (See GPS GDOP on google http://www.trakgps.com/en/index.php/information/gps-articles-information/65-gps-accuracy ) that causes the Phantom to wander about.. the same process when you hover in the air. But as it's on the ground the landing struts drag on the ground and cause a tip over.

So when landing.. just hold down the left stick and it will power off all by itself.

Before you ask, no it won't power off during flight if you hold down the left stick (or lock it down). The flight controller knows it still descending and will keep the props turning until it stops going down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues