P2 ready made foam case?

Reaction score
any idea where to get a ready made protective foam case for P2? carrying it around is difficult, there are plenty of cases for P1, but P2 is different, the remote is bigger with the wifi booster and smartphone holder, the rotors are bigger and the battery also is of different size... anyone got any of those foam cases?

thanks

I'm guessing one will be along soon enough. Just need to hang on for somebody to manufacture one.

I have made my own with a peli 1560 and done it with plukfoam

Photo_13_11_13_20_18_00.jpg

I called goprofessional case last week and they currently have a prototype in the works. The guy I spoke with said that they sent off the last set of revisions and actually sent one back to Collin at DJI to get this thoughts on it.

He said that they should be available for purchase the first week of December. They will be a complete new design (not just a p1 case made to fit the p2) with specific space for the larger tx/range extender and phone holder, batteries, chargers and larger diameter props. He did mention that the physical case may be one size larger than the current p1 version which would make it larger than the standard carry on luggage size for anyone who travels.

Their cases look top notch, and the gentlemen I spoke with was one of the designers that talked with me for a good 10 minutes and seemed really interested in getting feedback and making a functional and strong case.

No pricing information

Hope this helps.
I plan on getting one when they become available.
-Rick

tmsound said:
I have made my own with a peli 1560 and done it with plukfoam

Photo_13_11_13_20_18_00.jpg

Pelican has plenty of cases that can fit P2, the only thing, I am not a fan of removing the rotors each time.. a case that takes P2 with its rotors on is much better..

also some of their cases are really heavy, like 15-18 pounds... that not really mobile!

I hope gopro or any other company will design a quality case for P2, maybe with the options of wheels on it...

redrick said:
I called goprofessional case last week and they currently have a prototype in the works. The guy I spoke with said that they sent off the last set of revisions and actually sent one back to Collin at DJI to get this thoughts on it.

He said that they should be available for purchase the first week of December. They will be a complete new design (not just a p1 case made to fit the p2) with specific space for the larger tx/range extender and phone holder, batteries, chargers and larger diameter props. He did mention that the physical case may be one size larger than the current p1 version which would make it larger than the standard carry on luggage size for anyone who travels.

Their cases look top notch, and the gentlemen I spoke with was one of the designers that talked with me for a good 10 minutes and seemed really interested in getting feedback and making a functional and strong case.

No pricing information

Hope this helps.
I plan on getting one when they become available.
-Rick

thats great news, Gopro P1 case is nice, maybe they need an option with wheels... easy to take ur P2 while traveling...

redrick said:

Thanks for sharing this info

This is my first attempt with the pinch and pull foam. I'm going to buy more foam and do this with an electric knife. It came out okay, but I really should have moved the phantom much further to the left. Centering it really cramps you for space for other stuff. It'll take the phantom with the battery in or out, so when my spare battery comes in I'll be all set. It's the Duratool case that some of the other members also have... http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/D ... -/22-17815

thecase04.jpg

gunslinger said:
This is my first attempt with the pinch and pull foam. I'm going to buy more foam and do this with an electric knife. It came out okay, but I really should have moved the phantom much further to the left. Centering it really cramps you for space for other stuff. It'll take the phantom with the battery in or out, so when my spare battery comes in I'll be all set. It's the Duratool case that some of the other members also have... http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/D ... -/22-17815

thecase.jpg

Wow, much neater than my attempt with the same case! Still, I've it all in there nice and snug, including charger, screwdriver, spares and props, my hand-held anemometer and room for 3 batteries (I'm saving up!). Like you I've got the tx in with everything attached so there's minimal fuss when you reach your take-off point, and I went for a craft slightly left of centre layout. I really rate these cases, excellent value.

Pull_Up said:
gunslinger said:

thecase.jpg

Wow, much neater than my attempt with the same case! Still, I've it all in there nice and snug, including charger, screwdriver, spares and props, my hand-held anemometer and room for 3 batteries (I'm saving up!). Like you I've got the tx in with everything attached so there's minimal fuss when you reach your take-off point, and I went for a craft slightly left of centre layout. I really rate these cases, excellent value.

This case seems like an excellent value! Is the case small enough to meet carry-on requirements for flying? Also wondering if anyone has tried carrying on the P2V as I'm wondering if the large Lipo battery might not be allowed?

ToddSmi said:
This case seems like an excellent value! Is the case small enough to meet carry-on requirements for flying? Also wondering if anyone has tried carrying on the P2V as I'm wondering if the large Lipo battery might not be allowed?

I don't know about airline requirements for size, but from what I understand lipos are ok in carry-on, but not in the hold. I have heard of people with v1 Phantoms taking several with them as carry-on without any issues at all. Always worth checking with the airline first, of course.

Used the Duratool 22-17815 box. Heavy but for $60 and holds PV with props on, extra batteries, tool box, etc.

dav5942 said:
Used the Duratool 22-17815 box. Heavy but for $60 and holds PV with props on, extra batteries, tool box, etc.

Pix???

-slinger

Pull_Up said:
ToddSmi said:

I don't know about airline requirements for size, but from what I understand lipos are ok in carry-on, but not in the hold. I have heard of people with v1 Phantoms taking several with them as carry-on without any issues at all. Always worth checking with the airline first, of course.

Thanks Pull Up for your thoughts. Also, I was looking at the link to the Duratool case you showed, and I couldn't tell if the foam comes included? Did your box include the foam, and if not where did you buy the foam?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20