P2 props on P3?

Reaction score
Any of you guys recycling your P2 props on your P3?
They seem to fit fine. But wondering if anyone is aware of pros or cons?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The con is that they have metal hubs and could unwind mid-flight. Some people use them, but it's not recommended.

The con is that they have metal hubs and could unwind mid-flight. Some people use them, but it's not recommended.

But is there any more risk of that using them on the P3 than there was on the P2?

Yes. They are not designed to be used on the P3. They will not spin off when used on the P2.

But is there any more risk of that using them on the P3 than there was on the P2?
Yes, the P3 has active braking which is why the P3 props have a composit hub; reduces the chance of a prop spinning off.

Thanks for the input guys!

Hum, well crap, I was pretty sure there was a reason, just chopped up 3 props and broke one prop guard last night. Maybe a little Teflon tape on the threads or some Silly-Con tonight. Got 3 days off, I was really wanting to get a specific pict on Saturday. I hardly every take the props off anyway.

For the price of props. Is it worth the risk?

For the price of props. Is it worth the risk?
Yeah, I know, props are on order won't have them until Tuesday. If a dare and it fails, I will post here. If it works I won't post at all.
:D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20