P2 nv wont fly since motor and esc replacement

Reaction score
Just replaced motors (2312s) and esc's (v 2.1) on my P2 non-vision, now is very erratic at power up. One time it will flash R, Y, G, then nothing and rc wont do anything...next time I turn it on, get RYG, then flashing yellow but compass wont calibrate...then a few times it went fine and P2 started. Everything updated and IMU calibrated. Rechecked all connections..all looks good. Bird was crashed but it started and ran good before I changed the motors and esc's. ???

I would plug into the assistant on my pc and see if you are getting any error messages. Double check the IMU calibration due to changing the hardware it needs a good calibration.

I AM getting a compass error message...could it have gone bad just from changing motors and esc's, or possibly a tool I used during installation screwed it up?

I AM getting a compass error message...could it have gone bad just from changing motors and esc's, or possibly a tool I used during installation screwed it up?

When you chance motors and ESC's as you have an advanced IMU calibration on a level surface must be done. Also do a compass calibration when you take it outside. Regrading the compass error take the time to read the user's manual as you may be calibrating the compass incorrectly.

When you chance motors and ESC's as you have an advanced IMU calibration on a level surface must be done. Also do a compass calibration when you take it outside. Regrading the compass error take the time to read the user's manual as you may be calibrating the compass incorrectly.
I've continued to read the manual for the past 10 months I've been flying, however the compass error message I'm getting is from the assistant software...makes me wonder if compass is bad. I also did the advanced IMU calibration. Im stumped. Thanks for the reply though.

I've continued to read the manual for the past 10 months I've been flying, however the compass error message I'm getting is from the assistant software...makes me wonder if compass is bad. I also did the advanced IMU calibration. Im stumped. Thanks for the reply though.

Take a screen shot of the IMU like this. Those compass numbers should be in the 300's for Y/Z and the Mod should not be over 1600 or you may need to demagnetize the compass. Check how it's done in this video.
Tools Tab (IMU Cal).jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Take a screen shot of the IMU like this. Those compass numbers should be in the 300's for Y/Z and the Mod should not be over 1600 or you may need to demagnetize the compass. Check how it's done in this video.
View attachment 35841
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Hey Jason...after hours of trial & error, I managed to find a small "nick" in my can-bus cable, and wires were slightly separated in one spot (probably from the initial crash). I unhooked the can-bus, and all worked perfectly. Performed a tethered flight today, and it went great. Also, did one more IMU calibration obviously, and all data (numbers) are right where they should be. I'll now replace the can-bus cable or the entire can-bus if needed, and hopefully I'll have my bird up and flying. Thanks for your replies and all the help!

Are you sure it was can-bus cable which is on the front of the P2 and not the compass cable on the rear leg of the P2.?

Are you sure it was can-bus cable which is on the front of the P2 and not the compass cable on the rear leg of the P2.?
Yes. The I have my ground station module plugged to the can-bus. I actually spent a lot of time messing with compass cable, as they are plugged right next to each other inside the bird, thinking that when I moved the compass cable it corrected the problem...when, in fact, I was moving the can- bus cable at the same time. Unplugged can-bus, and all is normal...led's, data in assistant, bird flies great so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.