P2 (non-vision) analog video problem

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a P2 with a HD-3D gimbal and a GoPro 3 and an iOS mini FPV system. After a normal flight where everything was fine, the next day no more analog video from the GoPro. My monitor still show the telemetry from the iOS mini but over a black screen.

I suspect the flat cable or the connector that plug in the USB port of the GoPro from the gimbal that is the culprit even if it doesn't look damaged.

Is it possible to get replacement parts for that flat cable/connector?

And, do you know how to test the analog video out from the USB port of the GoPro 3 to be really sure that the GoPro is not the problem?

Thanks,

Maher

More than likely the ribbon cable is the problem. Not knowing in which part of the world you live in I cannot direct you to a source for replacement ribbons

Anyone that stocks parts for Phantoms will have that cable. You can also buy an upgrade kit from EBay that allows the connection on the back of the Gopro to be used instead.

Anyone that stocks parts for Phantoms will have that cable. You can also buy an upgrade kit from EBay that allows the connection on the back of the Gopro to be used instead.

That is not a good idea.
I'm in Quebec/Canada but I'm willing to order online from anywhere that cable is available.

Maher

You can order ebay here is the link:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...n+cable+for+the+zenmuse+H3-3D+gimbal&_sacat=0
or from bhphotovideo.com
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1053706-REG/dji_part56_output_connection_cable_for.html

You should add your location to your personal details page that way it showup under your screen name

"That is not a good idea"

And why not? That's what I use with my GP3 and it works great.

Thanks everyone for all the answers. I remembered that my HD-3D gimbal came up with a spare flat cable so I will test it if it solve my issue and order a few more.

Maher

It was indeed the flat cable that was the cause of my problem. The analog video output is back again.

Maher

More then likely this will happen again so order more for backups.

I had the same thing happen here. I think the issue is that the video is on the last trace on the bottom of that ribbon cable, and it gets torn when you pull the plug out of the GoPro.

Just a note; I placed a strip of plastic electrical tape over the ribbon cable for protection and a little more support.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20