P2 + IPad Ground Station + FPV

Reaction score
I am a current P1 owner with the Zenmuse gimbal.

Im considering upgrading to a P2, the longer flight time really appeals to me. Also I'd upgrade to the new 3 axis gimbal, if I do.

I'm also really interested in both the IPad ground station and FPV. Both have things that I think would be really useful. I haven't seen any info on anyone with both the ground station and FPV on the same P2. Has anyone here done that? If so, what FPV parts did you go with? Is weight an issue? Thanks in advance for any advice.

stargazer75 said:
I am a current P1 owner with the Zenmuse gimbal.

Im considering upgrading to a P2, the longer flight time really appeals to me. Also I'd upgrade to the new 3 axis gimbal, if I do.

I'm also really interested in both the IPad ground station and FPV. Both have things that I think would be really useful. I haven't seen any info on anyone with both the ground station and FPV on the same P2. Has anyone here done that? If so, what FPV parts did you go with? Is weight an issue? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi!

I got an P2 equipt with AVL58 video tx (cloverleaf antenna), iosd mini, zenmuse h3-2d (soon h3-3d) and GS Datalink.
I haven't experience any issues what so every regarding weight or anything else for that matter. When I use the GS app on my ipad I always have my monitor on a tripod in order to see the shots I do. During the pre-cordinated flight I will have my focus on the tilt controller in order to get the shoot exactly as I like it. I thinks it's quite hard to get a perfect tilt with the zenmuse if you need to control the Phantom at the same time.

When using the GS app I usually get MORE flight time compared to not using it. I guess the P2 flights more evenly with GS app and dosen't always need to push it as you sometimes do when operating it by yourself. I usually get about 15-17min with GS, and 13-15 when operating myself.

I hope you got some of your questions answered, otherwise just hit me back and I will try to answer your question.

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4