p2 into water - pilot error

Reaction score
I was shooting friends in our local cable park and as soon as I realized my friend was going to fall, I hit reverse as fast as I can but I couldnt manage to understand which way handle was coming from. water is not salty and I dried the both gopro and drone. gopro works fine but I will test drone on the weekend.

[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/108343196[/vimeo]

doh! there are plenty of stories on this forum about folks going down in fresh water and the Phantoms being okay, hope yours is!

salt? I wouldn't go with something quite so granular... Rice works pretty good for absorbing moisture (we all know the trick about putting a wet cell phone in a bag of rice yes?) and it wouldn't potentially get in the internals nearly as bad

but yes, the real trick is to let it THOROUGHLY dry for days before you try firing it up

Thank you for not calling it a 'fly away'! :p

I would toss the battery those aren't usable once they get wet. I hope everything goes well with the dry out and it's flying again in the near future

thanks guys for your posts and wishes.

I recovered my drone once before from exactly the same location so I dont think there would be any problems with it .

because the water is fresh it doesnt make any short circuits on the boards so all I need to do is to wait for moist to go away. I am little skeptical about the battery though, it always gives me a chill when I fly with a battery gone into water.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers