P2 + H3-3D + Lightbridge Setup

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Please I have some doubts and I’d like to ask your help with my new setup.

1. The P2 comes with a 2,4GHz TX/RX to the control isn’t it right ?
2. The Lightbridge works on the same frequency, but the original DJI control doesn’t connect to the light bridge, is that Ok ?
3. So please what would be the options to me ? Buy other DJI 5,8GHz control and change P2 receiver ? And what about the H3-3D, Is it possible to have a second control to operate the gimbal ? How it would be possible ?

That’s it guys I wish you can help in my next “almost” RTF P2, I just sell my P2V and I can’t afford (yet) a bigger/better ($$$$$) setup.
Thanks !

You are correct that the P2 radio and LB both operate on 2.4 GHz. When using the LB with the P2 the LB can handle control uplink and video + OSD data downlink, so you don't need a separate control radio. However, you are also correct that the DJI radio does not connect to the LB (it has no trainer port), so you need a radio that will, such as a Futaba. You could use a completely separate 5.8 GHz control uplink, but that seems like a much inferior solution to me - attractive only if you already have such a radio (which you do if you have a P2V) and then you only need to buy a 5.8 GHz receiver for the P2.

You don't need any additional control for the gimbal - the H3-3D only uses the yaw axis for stabilization - you can't use it for panning.

Ok, that was very helpful sar104, thanks !
But that rise other questions:
1. What FUTABA model do you guys suggest ?
2. Can I control the Gimbal Pitch through FUTABA ?

The decision for this setup is due to upgradability... rumors about GoPro 4...

Hey guys I know that this sounds as stupid questions, but believe I have no idea about ! :?:

Hello,

I have the Same Setup P2 + H3-3D + Lightbridge Setup on the original 2,4GHz TX/RX.

The issue i am facing is my P2 after the Lightbridge setup, flying for 50m or more at times the P2 loses signal between the TX/RX and on the DJI Lightbridge software says signal lost and does a straight return to home !!!

please advise if i can use a Turnigy 9XR with the P2 and link it to the Lightbridge as the Turnigy has a trainers port. Don’t want to spend some massive amount on buying a new Controller.

masterfaiz said:
Hello,

I have the Same Setup P2 + H3-3D + Lightbridge Setup on the original 2,4GHz TX/RX.

The issue i am facing is my P2 after the Lightbridge setup, flying for 50m or more at times the P2 loses signal between the TX/RX and on the DJI Lightbridge software says signal lost and does a straight return to home !!!

please advise if i can use a Turnigy 9XR with the P2 and link it to the Lightbridge as the Turnigy has a trainers port. Don’t want to spend some massive amount on buying a new Controller.

You absolutely cannot use the stock 2.4 GHz controller with the LB air unit on the aircraft transmitting in the same band. You really should make sure that you have some grasp of the fundamentals here before you launch $2K of equipment into the air.

I have no idea whether the 9XR will work with the ground unit. It's not on DJI's supported radio list, but there is a disclaimer that other radios may work if they output the correct signal standard. I don't recall anyone reporting having tried that one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20