P2 + H3-3D + Hero3+ Black, what next?

Reaction score
Alright so i'v decided on the P2 with the new H3-3D gymbal thanks to the help of a few members :) I found locally the Hero3+ Black Edition (what amazing image quality from such a little camera!) but now i'm trying to figure out how to make everything work together!

I saw the iPad ground control and i'm thinking of grabbing that + the iOSD Mini. Will that let me live stream the GoPro camera to my ipad/iphone like on the Vision+?

I found systems that people use but they are very expensive to simply stream video/basic camera controls... and that's a big turn off considering the Vision+ does it all for cheap (but the image quality isn't good enough).

So exactly what do people use to live stream and control their gopro on their P2? Ipad Ground Control? iOSD Mini (i think that's what it does, lets you live stream cameras + overlay information like battery)?

I know the Hero3+ Black Edition is wifi enabled, now i'm thinking i use the TX to control the drone + control the gymbal and then use my ipad/iphone to control the Hero3+ Black Edition BUT i know range will be an issue AND people say not to use the WIFI due to signal problem (i'm sure their's a work around since the Vision+ does it). Anyone know???

Please advise :)

You cant stream video to the ground station or iPad. Most people use a dedicated 5.8ghz videotransmitter and FPV goggles/monitor on the P2. IOSD get you flight information on the picture, does nothing for the ground station. Wifi on the gopro is crap, very short range and the lag in the picture make it useless, it also operates on the same frequencies as the Phantom and make problems.

shabang said:
You cant stream video to the ground station or iPad. Most people use a dedicated 5.8ghz videotransmitter and FPV goggles/monitor on the P2. IOSD get you flight information on the picture, does nothing for the ground station. Wifi on the gopro is crap, very short range and the lag in the picture make it useless, it also operates on the same frequencies as the Phantom and make problems.

So how do they do it effortlessly with the Vision+?

I'm 'ok' buying a FPV system, but that's a lot of $$$ for something that might work 'ok' or poorly (they all differ in reviews).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik