P2 fly away, came home, only just.

Reaction score
After all these recent updates I am re testing everything.
Everything 're calibrated, IMU, the works. All test flights perfect, in GPS and ATTI modes, IOC great, perfect compass calibration all good, 11 sats. All Nice.

However in testing waypoints a major situation occurs.
A full video of what happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPQCeN8XzJk
Basically a simple waypoint test to 100 feet distance at 198 feet altitude then back home, turned into a nightmare that seriously went wrong. It suddenly loaded its own way point, I saw it on the screen,( reloading way point) to a location outside the green circle on the map, which isn't possible, to it's maximum distance. OMG, panic stations.
It tried to load a waypoint a few times, then said gps failed to load, trying to reload, I am actively trying to recover at this time, using atti and ioc, I also cancelled way point using return home function, to no avail.I still have video feed throughout, so know it's not crashed, then turned off transmitter as last resort, thats when it went bonkers, flying backwards to its own new waypoint.
I feel lucky it came home. watch video and see what actions I took and how I managed to save it.
So what happened exactly ?

Hi, thanks for reply,

If you want to cancel way points, do you know the correct procedure. ?

For example is it:

"Press return to home" in the APP, then it should start coming home
Then Toggke S1 to get back manual mode with GPS ?

Thanks Geert,
In waypoint mode, if i toggle s1 switch but leave it in ATTI then toggle S2 switch to IOC will IOC work in this configuration ?

It looks like your craft flew into quite a stiff downwind and when it was returning it was barely keeping up with the wind. Look at the thin wisps of clouds moving quite rapidly. The fact that your props are in the video for the entire return leg is an indication that the craft is strongly pointed nose-down, but clearly not making much headway. Perhaps the spins are a built-in recovery step to try and gauge the wind speed & direction, which in this case is possibly overcoming the auto-pilot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31