P2 Firmware

Reaction score
This is really just a question for my learned co-mods: I'm helping someone set up their new P2+H3-3D tomorrow, and I realized I'm not sure which firmware to recommend. I've largely avoided all the threads about it so I'm not up to date, but a quick review seems to indicate 3.06 is fine as long as you don't mind all the restrictions baked in (which this owner won't).

Any other caveats to that latest version I need to be concerned about?

OI Photography said:
This is really just a question for my learned co-mods: I'm helping someone set up their new P2+H3-3D tomorrow, and I realized I'm not sure which firmware to recommend. I've largely avoided all the threads about it so I'm not up to date, but a quick review seems to indicate 3.06 is fine as long as you don't mind all the restrictions baked in (which this owner won't).

Any other caveats to that latest version I need to be concerned about?

The main one is that once you update, you're pretty much locked in. You can't downgrade unless you go way down to 1.08, and there are other component updates (mainboard, battery, etc.) that get applied with a firmware update that don't get downgraded along with the MC.

I'm running 3.06 on my P2s, and though I KINDA wish I wasn't (since I live within an airport restricted fly zone, which REALLY hampers my use of them), it's not as big of a deal to me as it is to some...

I'm not in an area where I'm too concerned about restricted flying. I also didn't have the seventh channel working, though I thought I might eventually get there. I don't understand why DJI would block that... :roll:

That being said... I find 3.06 the most stable firmware since 1.08. I really like the "battery life bar" at the top of the app screen and in conjunction with an RE700 extender that shows battery life of the extender... bingo! :) :D

My P2V hovers much tighter than on previous firmware, I get satellite lock much quicker and generally connect with more satellites than per usual. I highly recommend this one... :)

Excellent, thank you everyone! Sounds like 3.06 will be fine then, this gentleman isn't looking to do anything that it restricts so I'll go ahead and take him all the way up to the latest version.

I spent a couple of hours last night cleaning up my workbench for this visitor...I forgot how big it actually is when you can see some of it! Guess I should have people over more often :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1