P2 Came Crashing Down

Reaction score
My worst nightmare came true today. I had been up in the air for maybe 15 minutes. I had been flying in ATTI mode most of that time and was up around 40 meters and about 150 yds out. The last check I made on the battery was at 67%. I had followed a small group of crows and they had scattered. I looked at my display and looked back toward the P2, maybe because of a change in sound or maybe just getting a visual of where it was and I saw my P2 falling straight out of the sky. It landed in an empty dairy pen. Well not really a land but a high speed crash!.

I retrieved the P2, and the GoPro3+. Never found the gimbal There was severe damage to the P2 and probably wont be worth trying to rebuild. I reviewed the recording and it showed no sign of being struck by one of the crows but just a sudden tumbling back to earth. So I don't know what happened, maybe a failure in the electronics or maybe a battery failure. Upon pulling the broken battery out 30-45 minutes later it was still hot.

I'm pretty sure I won't try to rebuild it with all the damage that is evident. So it's probably either look for another P2 and gimbal or sell everything that I have and put it toward a P3A. Not a good way to end a weekend for sure.
jk

what do you mean "jk" I'm confuzzled

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl