P2 Battery Charging and GP Hero 3+ Battery

Reaction score
Couple of guestions, #1, does it hurt to leave a P2 battery on the charger over night? I haven't yet, just wondering. I guess it wouldn't be any different than having a battery in a cradle.

#2 Does the P2's battery keep the GoPro charged or is the battery in the GP bypassed when running off the P2's battery.

#3 Is there any chance of damaging the H3-3D with it just hanging loose and being jossled around. Even if its in a carrying case and traveling it would be subject to dangling. I did fold up a 3" strip of bubble wrap and inserted it between the GP and H3-3D to keep it some what secured when not turned on.
Jimmy

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Please read up on the use & care of Lipo batteries as they are much different than common household alkaline batteries. Never leave it charging or connected when unattended. They have a risk of fire if improperly used and cared for.

I don't have the HD-3D but I believe it powers the Gopro (HD-2D does). Take out the battery to verify.

Use a gimbal guard, but it appears you have already learned that. ;)

Have fun & safe flights!

PS - If you don't have it already you can download the manual here from DJI - http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

Couple of guestions, #1, does it hurt to leave a P2 battery on the charger over night? I haven't yet, just wondering. I guess it wouldn't be any different than having a battery in a cradle.

#2 Does the P2's battery keep the GoPro charged or is the battery in the GP bypassed when running off the P2's battery.

#3 Is there any chance of damaging the H3-3D with it just hanging loose and being jossled around. Even if its in a carrying case and traveling it would be subject to dangling. I did fold up a 3" strip of bubble wrap and inserted it between the GP and H3-3D to keep it some what secured when not turned on.
Jimmy

The GoPro is charged by the P2 battery when connected to the USB/ribbon cable.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Please read up on the use & care of Lipo batteries as they are much different than common household alkaline batteries. Never leave it charging or connected when unattended. They have a risk of fire if improperly used and cared for.

I don't have the HD-3D but I believe it powers the Gopro (HD-2D does). Take out the battery to verify.

Use a gimbal guard, but it appears you have already learned that. ;)

Have fun & safe flights!

PS - If you don't have it already you can download the manual here from DJI - http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

Had a gimbal guard on it but the bottom of the camera was coming into contact with it too much. I was afraid it was going to damage the gimbal's motors eventually. The bottom of my GoPro only sits about a 1/4-1/2" off the ground. I might look into a little taller landing gear. Yup, already have the manual, thanks for the help.
Jimmy

Had a gimbal guard on it but the bottom of the camera was coming into contact with it too much. I was afraid it was going to damage the gimbal's motors eventually. The bottom of my GoPro only sits about a 1/4-1/2" off the ground. I might look into a little taller landing gear. Yup, already have the manual, thanks for the help.
Jimmy

You can one of two things either buy longer landing gear or snap on extensions. Since my hard case cannot handle longer gear I use the snap on extensions. Haven't had any problems with them.
IMG_9150.jpg
IMG_9151.jpg

DJI Phantom 2, Vision, Vision + Snap-on 30 MM Riser for landing gear.

Is there not anything that hasn't been thought of, LOL. Lots of technology here and a learning curve for me. Thanks again.

Is there not anything that hasn't been thought of, LOL. Lots of technology here and a learning curve for me. Thanks again.

There's just to much money setting a quarter inch off the table.

There's just to much money setting a quarter inch off the table.
Yea, that's for sure. Unless I'm just practicing my landing which I do on a piece of plywood I just gently bring it down to my hand and carefully grab it. I may go ahead and get the snap on extenders and a snap on gimbal lock like the one you have. Who sells them Jason?
Jimmy

There's a link at the bottom of the photo in post #7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31