P2 and H4 how to connect to Android phone

Reaction score
HI, everyone.

I imagine there is a simple answer to this but i have been looking everywhere and i am very confused.
I have a p2 that came with no camera. I just stuck a go pro on the bottome and used the gopro phone app to shoot but it was jittery and jumpy footage.

I have just added an H-4 gimble and a go pro,

I was suprrised however to find i could not connect my phantom to my phone? i dont have a wifi extender. Mine did not come with one as it had no camera anyway.

I was under the assumption that i would be able to control my camera with a dji app on my phone if i added the gimble and camera setup.

I am either having a software issue or i am missing some hardware i would guess.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have searched the net for HOURS lol

HI, everyone.

I imagine there is a simple answer to this but i have been looking everywhere and i am very confused.
I have a p2 that came with no camera. I just stuck a go pro on the bottome and used the gopro phone app to shoot but it was jittery and jumpy footage.

I have just added an H-4 gimble and a go pro,

I was suprrised however to find i could not connect my phantom to my phone? i dont have a wifi extender. Mine did not come with one as it had no camera anyway.

I was under the assumption that i would be able to control my camera with a dji app on my phone if i added the gimble and camera setup.

I am either having a software issue or i am missing some hardware i would guess.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have searched the net for HOURS lol

Sorry the P2 was not designed to be used with wifi as both phone and P2 use the same 2.4GHz frequency. If you want to see what the GoPro sees you'll need to invest in a FPV (first person view) system which consist of a transmitter, mini iOSD, plug n play cable and a monitor/receiver.

Sorry the P2 was not designed to be used with wifi as both phone and P2 use the same 2.4GHz frequency. If you want to see what the GoPro sees you'll need to invest in a FPV (first person view) system which consist of a transmitter, mini iOSD, plug n play cable and a monitor/receiver.

Thanks. I was starting to think that was the case. I just assumed that because the vision version had a phone app that there was some way to do it it but I can see the problem with the frequency. Although I have had many successful flights just using the go pro and the go pro app on my phone but the range is very short and the video comes in on a bit of a delay. I guess if you set up the FPV u still can use the android app to access the app functions like follow me and dynamic home point.

Thanks. I was starting to think that was the case. I just assumed that because the vision version had a phone app that there was some way to do it it but I can see the problem with the frequency. Although I have had many successful flights just using the go pro and the go pro app on my phone but the range is very short and the video comes in on a bit of a delay. I guess if you set up the FPV u still can use the android app to access the app functions like follow me and dynamic home point.
I mean still can't use those functions.

I'm going to shoot from a moving boat so the dynamic home point would be a LOT of help

You risk loosing your P2 over water if you continue to use the wifi

I'm going to shoot from a moving boat so the dynamic home point would be a LOT of help

P2 non vision's cannot use Dynamic Home point (DHP)
Only the Vision series that has the DJI camera can do DHP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.