P2 acting weird, sputtering

Reaction score
Took the P2 out the other day and it was acting really strange. On takeoff it wanted to topple over and while flying I had to compensate with the controls to keep it from swerving into obstacles until I was able to grab it for a landing. While it is swerving it sounds like it is sputtering and struggling.

At first I considered that one of the motors needs replacement as I had one motor that looked like it was sticking but now all are turning. Then I considered that maybe the controller needed recalibrating but after recalibration and another flight I get the same issue, just without wanting to topple at takeoff.

Reading through the forums it seems that the ESC can be damaged if the props encounter resistance, which mine did because I did topple it over on landing about 2 weeks ago. The question I have now is what I need to do to diagnose which motor(s) or ESC(s) might be bad so I can get them replaced.

Any help is appreciated.

If you haven't flown in a while then you may need to treat it like new.

Redo all calibrations:
Indoors - Adv IMU (flat surface and keep phantom cold not used for an hour) and redo sticks.
Outdoors - Compass (open field).

About the only way to test an ESC is with a known good motor.

Motors can be tested for coil opens or shorts with an Ohmmeter and physical damage by inspection and hand turning.

You'll need to be able to solder. If you have at least one motor and ESC working properly then you can swap/move motors and ESCs to determine which may be damaged.
Typically it is the ESC that is damaged by motor stalling.

Well I didn't crash but I got shot down the other day I wanted to get some footage of these sand sculptures but I got yelled at by an old man who I think doesn't like technology
Here's the video if you wanna see it
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well I didn't crash but I got shot down the other day I wanted to get some footage of these sand sculptures but I got yelled at by an old man who I think doesn't like technology
Here's the video if you wanna see it
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Well Welcome to the forum lovepuddle :)
Ya might want to look around for awhile so you can see to post in the right spot
and not jump in an ongoing discussion ;)
Here's ya a need ta read http://www.phantompilots.com/pages/communityguidelines/..# 4

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic