P1 with GoPro 3 Silver advice?

Reaction score
I have had my GoPro for over a year, and honestly did not use it a single time until I got my Phantom recently. I am still in the novice phase of flying. I am ready to start going for pictures and video now. The other day, I put the GoPro in video mode, hit record, and sent her up. When I came down, I turned on the wifi, and opened my GoPro app... NO MEDIA.

Obviously I need a GoPro 101 course, but can anyone lend advice as to how they use theirs? If I was able to use the wifi on the camera, I would have no issues shooting and recording, but it is my understanding that the wifi being turned on will interfere with flight.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Do you have the newest update on the GP ?
Is your card formatted ?
Have you pulled the card and opened on a PC ?
Your right it is not a good idea to run wifi on a P1 it could cause problems .
Is your P1 2.4 or 5.8 from what I understand they did put out some P1's with 5.8 ?
There is no way to control the GP some run pics & video at the same time some just do video and do screen grabs for pics .
You can get FPV set up then you can see what your filming .

Reactions: GMayberry
I tried flying with the gopros wifi on and as soon as I turned the bird on it disconnected. I found it best to just hit record on the GoPro and go flying. If you want photos you can use some software to pull individual frames out of videos for pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is there a continuous burst mode I could use? I was thinking that there was an option on the camera where it would take so many shots per second, then I could bring her down and keep the shots I like, delete the 100's that I don't.

Use time lapse mode you can set it to take shots every X seconds I don't have mine on me but from memory you can use night lapse mode to get different times between with out screwing the photos up. Also make sure it's just time lapse not video lapse this will allow you to take individual pictures instead of merging them to a video

Do you have the newest update on the GP ?
Is your card formatted ?
Have you pulled the card and opened on a PC ?
Your right it is not a good idea to run wifi on a P1 it could cause problems .
Is your P1 2.4 or 5.8 from what I understand they did put out some P1's with 5.8 ?
There is no way to control the GP some run pics & video at the same time some just do video and do screen grabs for pics .
You can get FPV set up then you can see what your filming .

My P1 is on 2.4, my FPV is on 5.8. As for the no video, I think I figured that one out.... low/dead battery on the GP. o_O

Use time lapse mode you can set it to take shots every X seconds I don't have mine on me but from memory you can use night lapse mode to get different times between with out screwing the photos up. Also make sure it's just time lapse not video lapse this will allow you to take individual pictures instead of merging them to a video

I just discovered this mode. I was thinking that the symbol for time lapse, was a "timer" like a shutter delay. I will play with that more this evening!

I just discovered this mode. I was thinking that the symbol for time lapse, was a "timer" like a shutter delay. I will play with that more this evening!
I've got a couple knock off GP's that I use on my Cheerson CX-20's. I just set them to take pictures every so many seconds and then go through the sd card later.

I've got a couple knock off GP's that I use on my Cheerson CX-20's. I just set them to take pictures every so many seconds and then go through the sd card later.

I just searched EBay for "gopro style cameras" which did bring up lots of knock-offs that I didnt even know existed. Is there quality of picture as listed? Also, I am assuming they dont sync up to the GoPro app (iPhone 6) with wifi do they?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1