P1 power issue with upgrade board

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 1 with a version 3 upgrade board. I have the H3-2D gimbal with a Gopro 3+ black a mini iosd and a 5.8 Ghz video transmitter all wired in and functioning correctly.

When the props are NOT connected I can power up full throttle and everything will operate normal for at least 8 - 10 min. If I connect the props and attempt to fly as soon as I get 5 feet off the ground I get the low battery warning and the quad will land. I have tried this with 5 batteries (2 DJI and 3 aftermarket) all with the same result.The quad flew fine with the upgrade board installed before the addition of the gimbal and mini iosd but with a stationary camera and video transmitter.

Is this a sign of weak batteries? I can't speak for the age of the batteries as I bought the quad used and rebuilt the internals. I don't want to invest in new batteries if it is something more like weak motors because I already have to much invested in this project.

One other important point. These same batteries get a good 10 min flight time (or more) on my other Phantom 1 with no camera just a bare quad with all first generation parts. I also tried multiple versions of firmware because I read that could be an issue.

The enclosed pic is the inside of the quad. That is not burn marks on the wires. I used a cheap lighter to heat the heat shrink tape.

Attachments

• 20170115_105326.png
    20170115_105326.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 384
I have a Phantom 1 with a version 3 upgrade board. I have the H3-2D gimbal with a Gopro 3+ black a mini iosd and a 5.8 Ghz video transmitter all wired in and functioning correctly.

When the props are NOT connected I can power up full throttle and everything will operate normal for at least 8 - 10 min. If I connect the props and attempt to fly as soon as I get 5 feet off the ground I get the low battery warning and the quad will land. I have tried this with 5 batteries (2 DJI and 3 aftermarket) all with the same result.The quad flew fine with the upgrade board installed before the addition of the gimbal and mini iosd but with a stationary camera and video transmitter.

Is this a sign of weak batteries? I can't speak for the age of the batteries as I bought the quad used and rebuilt the internals. I don't want to invest in new batteries if it is something more like weak motors because I already have to much invested in this project.

One other important point. These same batteries get a good 10 min flight time (or more) on my other Phantom 1 with no camera just a bare quad with all first generation parts. I also tried multiple versions of firmware because I read that could be an issue.

The enclosed pic is the inside of the quad. That is not burn marks on the wires. I used a cheap lighter to heat the heat shrink tape.
Do you have a cell checker for the batteries. You should. They have small digital checkers that connect to the balance lead and can remain on aircraft giving real time readout of battery voltage. they are only a few dollars. Also check what your battery settings are in assistant software

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4