P-GPS or P-ATTI

Reaction score
Hello All
I'm a new Advanced owner, and loving it.
Before I took the plunge with the Phantom, I spent several months buying and flying cheap Chinese quads to get my orientation skills etc up to scratch. By the way, this is what I would recommend anyone new to quad flying should do, it's been invaluable to me....I still can't believe how many people just go out and get a Phantom or similar as their first ever quad! The 'toy'ones were meant as trainers, but they are keepers as they are so much fun in their own right.
Since I've had the Phantom, I've flown exclusively in P-GPS mode without bothering with the Atti modes at all. Flying this thing is a completely different experience to throwing a cheap quad around - obviously, much easier but with much greater risk if anything goes wrong. Basically, I feel as if I'm being lazy in constantly relying 100% on the technology (nothing has gone wrong yet to force me in to Atti mode).
So, I was wondering what the general consensus is on which mode is best?

ATTI fun mode! P-GPS careful mode. Like flying on Ritalin...

Use your cheap one for crashing around they are fun as all get out.

Hello All
I'm a new Advanced owner, and loving it.
Before I took the plunge with the Phantom, I spent several months buying and flying cheap Chinese quads to get my orientation skills etc up to scratch. By the way, this is what I would recommend anyone new to quad flying should do, it's been invaluable to me....I still can't believe how many people just go out and get a Phantom or similar as their first ever quad! The 'toy'ones were meant as trainers, but they are keepers as they are so much fun in their own right.
Since I've had the Phantom, I've flown exclusively in P-GPS mode without bothering with the Atti modes at all. Flying this thing is a completely different experience to throwing a cheap quad around - obviously, much easier but with much greater risk if anything goes wrong. Basically, I feel as if I'm being lazy in constantly relying 100% on the technology (nothing has gone wrong yet to force me in to Atti mode).
So, I was wondering what the general consensus is on which mode is best?

You got that right!

I understand that a lot of the pilots prefer ATTI for photography and film work, smoother transitions, drift filming , ect. Good to flip over from time to time and practice in the event you lose sat lock and then have to take over, so to speak.
That's true in my case. Any decision to switch to ATTI for me is deliberate and temporary. Safety first!!

Reactions: Buckaye

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik