Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Owners living in rainy areas,this is a great $40 distraction

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Glenshadow, May 9, 2014.

1. Glenshadow

Picked it up after watching a few videos online, for $40 this thing is a steal.

Little test flight in my living room:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjFwvxDx368[/youtube]

Anyone else coping with a brand new Vision+ but the weather just won't cooperate?

2. UrAwFuL

Re: Owners living in rainy areas,this is a great $40 distrac

Not living in a rainy area, but I just got one of those too!

I think it's best to get a whole set of propellers handy other than the spare set.. I ended up losing one when I crashed (it literally disappeared).

3. nhoover

Yes they are fun. First I got an Estes Dart and later a Hubsan x4 (almost the same but the Hubsan is a little nicer and more robust). They are quite fun and super small.

4. D_Tshudy

I love my X4. It's almost as much fun to fly as my Vision+. I'm not so **** nervous when the X4 is in the air. The other day for kicks I shot the X4 straight up just to see how high it would go. I was surprised. I actually lost sight of it. I regained sight of it when it was fluttering to the ground and then landed in the knee-high winter wheat field across the street. I searched for 15 minutes or so and gave up. On my way home from work yesterday I noticed that for whatever reason, the farmer had decided to cut down the wheat. Corn prices must be up. I walked over to the field and found it immediately. It had been run over by the tractor and covered with dirt. I wiped it off, slapped in a fresh battery and it flies perfectly. +1 for the X4.