Override RTH and autoland

Reaction score
Hi
Phantom 3 Professional
Assuming you have initiated return to home, The risk as I see it could be that the ground conditions may not be perfect to land. If this is the case, how is the simplest or most efficient to override the RTH command?

Likewise, if the Battery low warning has initiated and subsequently the auto land has commenced, again how is the simplest or most efficient to override the auto land?

Thank you for your help

Yarmail

Last edited:
Hi YARMAIL

If you have initiated RTH using the button then press it again to cancel RTH, also if you switch out of P-GPS to ATTI mode you can take control again, also see this article...
Can the Return to Home command be cancelled?
it applies to the P3P as well, hope this helps....
Waylander

Assuming you have initiated return to home, The risk as I see it could be that the ground conditions may not be perfect to land. If this is the case, how is the simplest or most efficient to override the RTH command?
RTH is impressive technology but every pilot I know can select a better landing spot than blind programming can.
Cancel by either pushing the RTH button again or the X on the screen.
I use RTH all the time but mostly just to turn the Phantom around and aim in the direction of home.
I then cancel and driver home faster than RTH will.

if the Battery low warning has initiated and subsequently the auto land has commenced, again how is the simplest or most efficient to override the auto land?
When the battery reaches the critical low level, there is no way to stop the auto landing. The only thing you can do is move the throttle to the full up position (to prevent the Phantom from descending further) and steer it to the best possible landing spot. Keep in mind that the battery is going to be pretty low at this point, so you don't want to keep it in the air for too long. If you keep the throttle in the full up position for long enough, the battery will shut off and your Phantom will drop like a rock.

Reactions: m0j0 and dec

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic