Overheating Issues

Reaction score
Is anybody still having overheating issues with their fpv platform, like their iphones or ipad?

Absolutely......I quit using my iPhone 6+ as it got so hot, it shut down. My iPad gets really hot as well.

Hhg

Which tablet are yall using? I have a mini 3 and a friend of mine uses Air 2, his tablet takes longer to overheat than my mini but it still does and once it gets got it completely disconnects from the controller, and thats not good!!

Ipad 2 mini with retina display. Turned off video cache and it still gets very warm but no more video glitch or pixelation. I just flew again 10 min ago 18 minute flight full sun about 84 deg out. I have an android Galaxy s6 but have never tried it. I like the size of the iPad mini display.

Is anybody still having overheating issues with their fpv platform, like their iphones or ipad?

I have only had the iPhone 6 plus and or ipad mini 3 overheat when I have exposed it to direct sunlight (not using a sunshade) - whenever I have used a sunshade, I have not had an over heating issue whatsoever. I live in Florida which is at a fairly constant 95 degrees and can make things much hotter in direct sunlight.

By the way... I have a convertible and have had my iPhone 6 plus go into high temp warning just sitting on my lap in direct sunlight.

so to me the answer is use a sunshade whenever possible... they are pretty cheap....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj