Over water flights. - video.

Nice shots mate.I like the drift through under the bimini shot. :cool:
I'm happy to fly over water but my pucker point would be flying so close to the trees,I hate trees. :lol:

Absolutely gorgeous! The best little snippet was the shot flying close to the ground and churning up the leaves. I also loved the ending shot with the Phantom coming through the boat.

How did you ever fly it through the trees as well as you did???

How many hours of videoing and editing did it take to complete this project?

Thanks for the kind words all.

I flew traditional RC helis a bit a few years ago and have been a video editor for the better part of a decade. I bought a Phantom a month ago for fun then had DroneFly mount the ZenMuse last week to see how it worked. Truly game changing technology.. Shooting any type of quality video without it is not possible...in my opinion.

Definitely a gimble is a huge help and will let you shoot anything you want without needing to cherry pick footage, so getting quality Consistent shots its really the only way to go. You can do ok with smooth flying in calm conditions and a bit of post stabilization and no gimbal but its much harder work and your going to be cutting lots of footage to get anything useable.

Here is some footage shot without a gimbal as a demo for a local golf course to show a basic idea of whats possible. The final video will be shot with a gimbal as it will make it much easier to shoot and I can get away with flying in a bit of wind.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtCkU-_qY1A[/youtube]

I will likely shoot this in 4k30 too ;) so it should end up much nicer then this low light footage shot in 1440p.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj