Over people, over vehicles

Michael is a phenomenal pilot. BHA does a lot of NASCAR and Sprint series races.

Technically, he's not breaking any regulations here. § 107.145 states, "No person may operate a small unmanned aircraft over a human being located inside a moving vehicle unless...". So Michael didn't break 107.145 here. He didn't fly over people.

This is a legal shoot. At least the clip we see. And given BHA's safety record, and FAA contacts, I seriously doubt he broke any during the rest of the flight either.

I'm sorry, I watch the full coverage and they DID fly over people. I'll try and find a clip

Not doubting his skill, just trying to figure out the process. I doubt CBS would do this without great care

I fly over race tracks etc, I'm a racer and a pilot. Flying over the paddock shouldn't normally be allowed.

the new regs allow flying over contained people. This was not the case in the past, as I specifically requested it a few years ago. I guess as all of the teams sign on and general spectators aren't allowed in the infield, it can be approved

I've also seen some very sketch coverage of the Trans Am Series over the last year, where the UAS definitely was not over a contained area.

• The operation is within or over a closed- or restricted-access site and all people on site are on notice that a small UAS may fly over them; or

Reactions: BigL
I'm sorry, I watch the full coverage and they DID fly over people. I'll try and find a clip

Not doubting his skill, just trying to figure out the process. I doubt CBS would do this without great care
Can you post time stamps where Michael flew over people.

And new regulations only allow small (<250g w/ prop safety features) to fly over people and people in vehicles. Ops within closed sites aren't approved yet. Those require RID.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl