Over current discharge warning

Reaction score
Long story short I have had this message 'OVER CURRENT DISCHARGE' pop up a few times since the latest firmware upgrade. I don't know if it is related to the firmware, but I never had the issue before. I have the latest go app, and firmware, and I only fly on full packs. Any guess on what's going on? I can see from the 'healthy drones' that I'm getting some low readings on the voltage per cell and I suppose that could be the issue. Let me know if there is any helpful information that could benefit this situation. thanks
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Long story short I have had this message 'OVER CURRENT DISCHARGE' pop up a few times since the latest firmware upgrade. I don't know if it is related to the firmware, but I never had the issue before. I have the latest go app, and firmware, and I only fly on full packs. Any guess on what's going on? I can see from the 'healthy drones' that I'm getting some low readings on the voltage per cell and I suppose that could be the issue. Let me know if there is any helpful information that could benefit this situation. thanks
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
Same battery on different batteries -- same error message?

got the same message on all batteries. Kind of nervous to fly in my usual places now considering it could just give out in the sky. I do fly very aggressive, that is with knowledge and coordination. I build my own quads and hexs and push their power systems to the max, but the thing is I have always flown fast and ascended fast with the phantom without this message. Plus I never received it until this last firmware update. Maybe it is just DJIs new way of warning us of discharging too rapidly during flight?

The healthy drones tag was just from the last flight.
Yes, you are pushing the limits based on your speed and distances. The P3 is just not designed for this kind of flying long distances. Fly the same route, but back off the throttle a little and see what kind of results you have-- you are definitely on the signal margins at the end of the flight which may result from the tilt of the antennas in the legs as the P3 barrels forward.--

Cell 1 is marginal at best on this report showing 3.415 and a deviation of over .10-- how may cycles on this battery? And what is the lowest voltage that you have discharged to in flying with this battery.

I believe there was 29 cycles on this pack. The other times I read this pack on healthy drones cell1 tested fine. I never drop beneath 20 percent or so on my lipos; usually around 30 percent is the average. I have been in the rc hobby for some time, HPI trucks, lots of nitro trucks, multiple walkera and blade helis, and far to many quads, and I never read anywhere that we should drain the lipo to 8 percent for cleaning out the memory. On a NIMH OR NICD this is a good practice. Do you recommend the draining of the lipo to clean out the memory? I know DJI recommends it but they would be the exception to the rule.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj