Over a racetrack

Reaction score
I was invited by my company to take the day off and go fly my P2V over a racetrack. I gotta say it was a lot of fun. I didn't get that close to the track because the track told me not too :D I was also not supposed to fly over the track it self, but a few times I accidentally did.

A few clips were shot with a Canon 7D, it's very clear which clips those are :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCvbBw3YxRM&hd=1

CunningStuntFlyer said:
Good stuff. The stabilization caused the typical weird warping but it was cool to see Thill being flogged from the air.

Given the safety protocols in place I'm really surprised they let you fly.

That is a great track that I've spent much too much time tootling around.

Ya, it's really noticeable in a few areas. I can't wait for my gimbal to come in, doing it in post isn't ideal. Not to mention it ended up reducing quality because of the cropping.

The only reason they left me do it was because the only people on the track that day were with us. It was a private exclusive event. I really wanted to fly it further away but again, they really didn't want me flying it over the track.

cool music,can I ask who that is and name.

Some friends and I are renting Buttonwillow for the day at the end of Feb for a private track day. It's going to be tough not to spend the whole time on the track but I will have to jump out and put the P2 out over the course for some hopefully very impressive footage.

Ya, it's really noticeable in a few areas. I can't wait for my gimbal to come in, doing it in post isn't ideal. Not to mention it ended up reducing quality because of the cropping.

So this was taken with Visions camera and no Gimbal?
Very impressive and you have done a great job.

Good video. Music matches the action and nice use of ground shots as well. The image quality from your vision camera looks really good actually. Get one of the new gimbals and its going to be silky smooth as well.

Shrimpfarmer said:
Good video. Music matches the action and nice use of ground shots as well. The image quality from your vision camera looks really good actually. Get one of the new gimbals and its going to be silky smooth as well.

Yes that's why I asked if this was taken with the Vision Camera. I was surprised by the quality.

Klaus said:
Shrimpfarmer said:

Yes that's why I asked if this was taken with the Vision Camera. I was surprised by the quality.

So, the ground shots were done on a Canon 7D, for example at 0:57 with the Mustang and Porsche zooming by. All other shots were from the air. There are only like 5 clips from the 7D. When you are watching it, it is clear which shots are which :D

I did order a Gimbal from dronexpert.nl on Jan 5th. I have been very impatiently waiting for it :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj