Over 400 ft breaking no laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have thought of a way to go over 400 ft and no break any laws.. :D

You build a 400 ft landing pad or put a landing pad in a tree and take off from it. If you stay above it the drone should say your not over 400 ft therefore not breaking any laws :D

It's 400 ft AGL (above ground level) -- not 400 ft above the take off point ;)

The ground = the surface of the earth. You know... where that brown dirt stuff is.

The ground = the surface of the earth. You know... where that brown dirt stuff is.
Yes I know what dirt stuff is, but I'm saying if I put plywood and dirt and grass in a tree 200 feet up and took off from it the sensors would think that that is ground right?

Right. The altitude would read 0 ft at 200 ft up. Your Phantom can fly much higher than 400 ft though, so that wouldn't be necessary.

Yes I know what dirt stuff is, but I'm saying if I put plywood and dirt and grass in a tree 200 feet up and took off from it the sensors would think that that is ground right?
In the unlikely event of an FAA investigation, they aren't going to care about what your sensor says.
They have a reasonable understanding of what above ground level means.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
The FAA would frown against you flying at 600 ft. There are no tricks or workarounds to it. If you want to follow the FAA's guidelines, then the ground is the ground :)

In the unlikely event of an FAA investigation, they aren't going to care about what your sensor says.
They have a reasonable understanding of what above ground level means.
The ground level is 200 ft up. :)

The ground = the earth :)

Yes. As long as you don't move past the perimeter of the ridiculous landing pad you've constructed in a tree so that you can fly what? 430 ft?, 450 feet above the ground.
How silly.

Yes. As long as you don't move past the perimeter of the ridiculous landing pad you've constructed in a tree so that you can fly what? 430 ft?, 450 feet above the ground.
How silly.
It's a start lol the tree is at least 170 ft or more :)

I'm on the earth, 200 ft up right? What if I made a huge hill?
Once you leave your "huge hill" you would be required to stay at 400 feet or less above the ground directly below your quad.

It would be far less labor intensive to just find a "huge hill" and walk your drone to the top of it. But again, once you leave the peak of your "huge hill" you will have to descend to 400 ft....

Once you leave your "huge hill" you would be required to stay at 400 feet or less above the ground directly below your quad.

It would be far less labor intensive to just find a "huge hill" and walk your drone to the top of it. But again, once you leave the peak of your "huge hill" you will have to descend to 400 ft....

Would a tall building work or not be considered ground level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20