Outside temp & Flying Safely

Reaction score
What is the max outside temp I can fly my P4P in? It is currently 106f degrees outside. Too hot?

Mine was in the air parked taking pictures for 18 minutes late yesterday. Probably 102 degrees at the time. Did not get any warnings. The motors were hot when it landed, but I didn't think it was an issue. May have been 108 now that I think about. At one point around 3:00 in the afternoon, it was 114 in the shade on the back porch.

Last edited:
Maximum ambient temperature for the Phantom 4 Pro is 104 degrees F. Here is the URL for the specifications:

DJI Phantom 4 Pro – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

The weaker link is the tablet. If you are using an iPad, the maximum ambient temperature is 95 degrees F. I live in the Phoenix metropolitan area and was flying in the AM earlier this week. Ambient temperature was 93 degrees F. After 3.5 aircraft batteries of flying, my iPad shut down because of excessive heat. I had to return the aircraft with RTH on the R/C.

Hope this helps.

Don Barar

Reactions: Traveler
Starz... what are you using for a tablet, if any ????? I'd like to know whats working in that heat.

Mini 2. And it does get warm. Probably shouldn't say this,but it has never failed. Typically don't fly more than two batteries on either ac, p4p or the mavic.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj