Standard Out of the box question

Reaction score
Hi I just opened my new phantom 3 standard. Just a quick question
When I pull the left stick fully back and release it, it says fully down like it is stuck, when u just lightly knock it , it immediately springs back to the central position. My question is ? Is this normal ?
Thanks
Dean

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

S

sandman259

Yes it's completely normal but kind of stupid if you ask me too. If you are handy and like taking things apart you can open up the controller like I did and take off the little piece of metal held in with a screw and it will not stay down anymore.

Reactions: microraptor
Reaction score
Thanks for the speedy reply. I just read elsewhere it's used to stop the motors or something.

Reaction score
Hi. I owned yesterday my p3 . The stuck is normal und wouldnt shut off the motors ( I tried it) . It will only shut down the motors if there is no altitude going down. Nice for landing in the hand.

Sent from my LG-K100 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reaction score
You have to reconnect to your home wifi and download the update first, after it's downloaded then reconnect to the phantom3_xxx to finish the update.

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
When I pull the left stick fully back and release it, it says fully down like it is stuck
If interested, I have a tutorial showing how to remove the throttle lock here.

Reactions: Jive

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Today my son opened his drone for Christmas. Can anybody help us we can't get it to connect to do anything. Please help my son is going crazy wanting to play with his new toy.
Before heading out to play, make sure you read and fully understand the Quick Start Guide (in the box) and the Phantom manual (download it here). If you jump in head first without taking the time to understand the aircraft, you might crash it and destroy it more quickly than you had expected. And, it that happens, you'll learn very quickly that this is a very expensive toy to fix ;)

Check out the following video for instructions on updating the firmware:

S

sandman259

Thanks for the speedy reply. I just read elsewhere it's used to stop the motors or something.

Yes it's for when your landing so you don't have to hold it down for the motors to stop. But I found it annoying and just as easy to hold it down for a couple seconds...

Phantom Drones from EALLRC.com

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncs_worldmax