Out of the box question

Reaction score
Hello, I just bought this Phantom 3 standard, and I'm hoping I'm just being a nervous Nellie.
Is it normal for there to be only 2 anti-drop pins holding in the camera, and is the camera supposed to hang and point straight down. Mine is very loose and wobbly, ut all the video's I've seen have it pointing forward and it appears relatively firm.
Not crazy about having to repair it considering it's just out of the box, just need opinions on what's "normal."

Thank you and Merry Christmas

Hello, I just bought this Phantom 3 standard, and I'm hoping I'm just being a nervous Nellie.
Is it normal for there to be only 2 anti-drop pins holding in the camera, and is the camera supposed to hang and point straight down. Mine is very loose and wobbly, ut all the video's I've seen have it pointing forward and it appears relatively firm.
Not crazy about having to repair it considering it's just out of the box, just need opinions on what's "normal."

Its all normal

What actually holds your camera/gimbal is those cream colored rubber vibration isolators. There are 2 clear plastic safety pins on opposing corners. The camera is balanced and almost appears to float until you power it up. It then does a little exercise, then aims straight ahead.

Last edited:

Bacon and Ham: There is a rigid clear plastic protector for shipping, you must have taken it off to notice the things you did. There is also a small rectangular piece of foam rubber used in shipping also on the gimbal. Be sure you have removed it also.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Congratulation on your New Phantom Your camera gimbal is mounted with ( 4 )Cushion Rubber Grommets.. ( 2 of them will have the Safety Pins in obsolete corners ) For extra safety I took (4 ) small zip ties and ran ( 1 ) thru each of mine .I also used the small zip ties for the extra gimbal protector plate below the gimbal that I purchased, Each ties has some slack if something on the ground would make contact with the plate The slack is only the diameter of my small finger ( Caution ) Do not throw away the solid gimbal protector, its used for storage and transporting to and from your flying field..Kirby , I didn't see your 1st Post

Bacon and Ham: There is a rigid clear plastic protector for shipping, you must have taken it off to notice the things you did. There is also a small rectangular piece of foam rubber used in shipping also on the gimbal. Be sure you have removed it also.
VERY important!!!

Congratulation on your New Phantom Your camera gimbal is mounted with ( 4 )Cushion Rubber Grommets.. ( 2 of them will have the Safety Pins in obsolete corners ) For extra safety I took (4 ) small zip ties and ran ( 1 ) thru each of mine .I also used the small zip ties for the extra gimbal protector plate below the gimbal that I purchased, Each ties has some slack if something on the ground would make contact with the plate The slack is only the diameter of my small finger ( Caution ) Do not throw away the solid gimbal protector, its used for storage and transporting to and from your flying field..Kirby , I didn't see your 1st Post
Go...:)

Thank you all,
It worked wonderfully just as you all had predicted, and flies even better than I had hoped. My next step is to get video settings straitened out to reduce the stutter.
Thank you all!
:)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub