out of the box, one of the motors runs hot

Reaction score
Just got my replacement P2V+ due to the SD not being seen by the software. Upon startup, the right rear motor runs hotter than the rest and when it is not running, the motor does not spin as easily as the other three.

Also, I can get green lights when I do the first part of the compass calibration but get yellow/red on doing the vertical part.

Any ideas? I don't want to have to send the second one back and go through the whole routine again.

Thanks in advance.

As its running hot and brand new I would send it back rather than try and fix.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Does that motor sound different when it's spinning with no props?
The only thing that might cause that is bad bearings. There are two sets of sealed bearings the motor shaft rides in. You can get replacement bearing kits, they aren't too difficult to replace.
Or send it back of course but I'll wager that would take longer.

As for compass calibration... That sounds normal.
After the vertical part of the calibration, the green lights go off and the lights will return to their normal previous state.
They may be yellow if you have the controller S1 switch in Atti mode. The red flashes tell you it doesn't have enough satellites yet.
Fast red flashing indicates the compass calibration failed, otherwise you're good. Just make sure your switches are both all the way up.

camaro396 said:
Just got my replacement P2V+ due to the SD not being seen by the software. Upon startup, the right rear motor runs hotter than the rest and when it is not running, the motor does not spin as easily as the other three.

Hmmm... I noticed the slightly stiff problem on mine (right front), after I had a few flights on it. I attributed it to an initial hard landing. Maybe it was that way from new. Oh well, it doesn't matter because I replaced all four motors with the T-Motor Anti-Gravity motors. Very sweet after that.

camaro396 said:
Also, I can get green lights when I do the first part of the compass calibration but get yellow/red on doing the vertical part.

If you are getting yellow/red after completing the vertical compass calibration, it means the calibration failed and you need to do it again.

I'm almost positive one motor is your drive motor. It will actually work more then the others depending on the wind. It would need to make a much different sound, and be hot enough that I could not grasp the motor for me to be overly concerned.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik