Out of sight

Reaction score
Decided to challenge myself to fly my Phantom as far as I could till it was barely a speck in view- no FPV. And went up a bit more and thought thats far enough. :) And despite not looking away suddenly realised I could no longer see it and had already got to the point where you could not hear it. I pulled back on the sticks but still could not see/hear anything. To eliminate the possibility I had yawed the craft when I throttled up, I went to home lock and pulled back the stick. Still nothing. But was determined to remain calm and just carried on holding the stick down and them after what seemed ages (most likely seconds!) I could hear the familar buzzing sounds. But it still took quite some more time (or so it seemed) before it came into sight! In the airspace where I had expected it to be. Of course on the video it was never that far away, but it brings it home at just how easy to "lose" your Phantom and if panic kicks in how it might stay lost. For me I still much prefer home lock to failsafe return to home where you are still controlling the craft. Though its reassuring to have fail safe as well.

Not sure if my nerves could stand a longer flight away with FPV!!!

bill

If you use the Assistant program to turn on IOC, the left switch will have 2 new modes - the switch in the top position is Off, the center position is Course Lock and the bottom position is Home Lock. I think beginners should fly in Home Lock, which is why I don't understand why DFI doesn't have it enabled out of the box.

With Home Lock, if you pull back the right joystick, the Phantom flies toward you, no matter which way it is pointing. If you are facing the Phantom, pressing the stick to the left moves the Phantom left and pushing the stick to the right moves the Phantom to the right.

You can spin the Phantom any direction you want and it doesn't change it's movements with the controller.

In normal control, if it is facing you, up is toward you, pulling the stick toward you moves the Phantom away from you and left and right are reversed -

Again, I am learning but how do you "use the Assistant program to turn on IOC".
I have read about this function. Whats the assistant program? and how do I get it? Whats and IOC? lol
Thanks so much.

rsvp said:
Again, I am learning but how do you "use the Assistant program to turn on IOC".
I have read about this function. Whats the assistant program? and how do I get it? Whats and IOC? lol
Thanks so much.

Are you having trouble searching the internet for "DJI"?

darwin-t said:
If you use the Assistant program to turn on IOC, the left switch will have 2 new modes - the switch in the top position is Off, the center position is Course Lock and the bottom position is Home Lock. I think beginners should fly in Home Lock, which is why I don't understand why DFI doesn't have it enabled out of the box.

With Home Lock, if you pull back the right joystick, the Phantom flies toward you, no matter which way it is pointing. If you are facing the Phantom, pressing the stick to the left moves the Phantom left and pushing the stick to the right moves the Phantom to the right.

You can spin the Phantom any direction you want and it doesn't change it's movements with the controller.

In normal control, if it is facing you, up is toward you, pulling the stick toward you moves the Phantom away from you and left and right are reversed -

Thanks, good info.. what is course lock? i assume off is normal?
\

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj