Out of range at only 600 feet?

I am gonna rant a bit on this. Good God WTF is going on with all these hardware/software manufacturing issues? I really feel for you, you come in with great expectations, and then the agony of defeat. I feel like I have to thank my lucky stars that I somehow got a good one. I am running v1.08 and I have vowed to never update my firmware. It flies so perfectly now and I no restrictions. I hope you get your issue resolved. Sorry I cannot help.

judsonabts said:
I have the new phantom 2 plus.

I can't seem to stay connected, even in a straight line more than 600-700feet.

I had the P2V and could get 1500 feet easily.

Anyone else with this problem? Any solutions out there?

What height and radius limits are you using?

Check your receiver antennas, on the legs of landing skids.
they should look like this.
if you don't see a small wire sticking out of the grey cable your antenna has been damaged and that will cause the issue.

sorry but DJI doesn't sell the antennas separately from the receiver PCB.

What you can do is a antenna mod that will cost about $60.00 total for the cables and antennas.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-05 at 11.32.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-05 at 11.32.14 PM.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 469
I have noticed that my plus is very sensitive to outside interference. When I'm near my town where I'm seeing other wifi signals I only get 200' high maybe 600-700' out. When I go out into the country with NO other wifi signals I have gone 200' high out to beyond 1300' without any issues and could probably go further. They just dont do good around trees or any other wireless interference. Ok for me since I live out in the middle of nowhere but for others it might be an issue.

My experience has been similar to Shorebird's. See what the distance is when you are able to maintain line of sight the entire time, and when you get out away from houses and their wifi networks.

Double-check that you are in FCC mode, and that you don't have restrictive range limits set in the software. Info on both of these can be found by searching these boards or reading the manual.

judsonabts said:
I have the new phantom 2 plus.

I can't seem to stay connected, even in a straight line more than 600-700feet.

I had the P2V and could get 1500 feet easily.

Anyone else with this problem? Any solutions out there?
Are you talking control signal range or FPV range? Cause you are getting a mixed bag of answers and I am not sure how anyone can make any comment or recommendation without knowing this first.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj