Out of mothballs

Reaction score
Hello... I bought the DJI Phantom when it was first released so I can shoot video of my kids from the air. Anyway, my Phantom became a display piece in my office at work for over a year. I have not flown it in probably a year and a half. With renewed interest, I brought it home, charged the old batteries and attempted to fly it again. Last night I decided to upgrade it and ordered a 2 axis gimbal and taller landing sids.

The batteries appeared to charge, the Phantom booted up and I got the green GPS lock. However, I could not get the motors started. I moved the sticks to the corners but I get nothing from the motors. I updated the firmware and I can see activity on on the NAZA software screen, the sticks are responding fine and so are all the switches.

I am hoping it is just old batteries but what do you think it could be anything else? I did the compass calibration and everything else seems to be responding as normal. I just cannot get the motors started to get it up in the air.

Have you tried rebinding the transmitter to the Phantom, if the batteries have been out it may have lost its binding.

Rebind Video

I'll give it a shot, I can however see the stick movement when the Phantom is connected to the computer. I just completed the controller calibration, still nothing. I will continue to dig.

when you do the CSC command are you moving the left stick down and to the right and the right stick down and to the left, mine only starts using this command, but i think in Naza mode you can use different CSC combinations.

Well, it works now... I calibrated everything I could possibly calibrate and also reinstalled the firmware again. Unfortunately I cannot say what the exact fix was but the good news is that it does fly. The batteries (I had two) are toast. Immediately after take off I got the red battery warning. I continued to fly it at a low hover but it was reacting and holding perfectly. I may run out to a local hobby shop to see if I could pick up a battery, I order one from Amazon Prime but I am pumped now! Now I really can't wait for the gimbal and landing gear.

Thanks for the quick response and the help!

Glad you got it flying. Have fun, and remember to take it easy the first few times until your confidence in the machine is up.

Thanks... It's been a while but I got this :D . I came from regular RC helis so this is a breeze. I just need to read up on all of the settings and features again. It's been a while. Now I want to upgrade the thing!

Glad you got got it started & are enjoying it again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj