Ouch

From the author's description:

Published on Sep 24, 2013
DJI Phantom, flying about to see the range when it went straight up, then we lost it out of sight for about 7minutes, then it came falling from the sky like a brick!

People think we intended to crash! we did not! and as you can see it is in a open field. if your 100ft up or 10000ft up you can still crash in a road. just enjoy the video and stop moaning!

With only bent landing gear, new charged battery and it was ready to fly again

Vertical flyaway?

Was it a fly away? I thought he just lost site of it because he purposely sent it up that far and the crash was maybe due to battery shortage! And I don't think he understands that the problem is not flying it around other people or around roads and such but how far up he sent it! This issue has been talked about many times on rather it's a good thing to do or not, I couldn't see it taking down a big commercial plane but a small single engine plane maybe! Would like to know if going up that high was his intention or was it a vertical fly away.

If you look on his YT channel it is clear he intended to fly strait up into the clouds as that is what he does in all of his videos.
The only time his multicopters are flown laterally it shows him to be a bit crap at piloting them.In one video he seems to spend more time looking at the TX than he does at the quad.
A clear case of more dollars than sense.Multiple multi copters and flies them all stupidly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj