Ottawa - Gatineau National Capital Drone Society

Reaction score
Hello fellow Phantom Pilots! Anyone else located in the National Capital Area? Looking to meet up with other Phantom Pilots and trade tips on filming locations, production value, etc.

Send me a PM!

Yes, have had my Vision + since mid July, was all over Newfoundland for 3 weeks, made great videos.
Would certainly be interested in joining other Phantom pilots to discuss progress and learnings.
Intend to document major infrastructure projects in Ottawa. For instance, already recorded aerial shots of location where pedestrian bridge will soon be built Somerset east to Donald over Rideau River. Have keen interest in LRT and plan to do same progress videos with that 12.5 km project as it evolves. I have another friend with same Vision + quadcopter who lost it last weekend at Mt Cascade, went too high and hadn't calibrated GPS before launch. Ouch! I now have reward labels on mine. How many recreational Phantom pilots in Ottawa, must be many more? We should all connect.

I've been toying with setting something up for us owners in the NCR. It's starting to sound like there would be enough interest to make it worthwhile.

Is there anything going on in Ottawa?
I'm here for two weeks, setting up my drone right now and having issues:

- Can't calibrate the vertical part of GPS (the first stage works fine), I've been messing around with magnets etc that youtube videos recommended, it looks ok when plugged into
- Can't get the X1 to do anything, I'm not sure if it's only active while in flight, but when the blades are spinning nothing happens with the gimbal. When the blades aren't spinning the left joystick moves the gimbal a few degrees in either direction... The X1 doesn't register any movement when plugged into the software.

If anyone's had the issues before or if you know a thread where it's answered (I can't find one!) that'd really help me out!

I'm in Orleans, Ottawa area. No idea on the issues you mention, I have the Vision2 Plus with camera included.

I'm working on some video montages of the East end, Blackburn Hamlet, etc..

Hey so what do Ottawa area drone users do with the cold weather approaching? I've seen a few youtube vids taken in winter out near White Lake...real nice stuff...I bet ice fishing at Petrie Island would be interesting... I'm open to ideas!

Cold weather tends to reduce battery time...so I'm told. I plan on finding out as the thermometer is slowly getting closer to 32F / 0c here in the Great White North!

Also interested in finding other Phantom pilots in the Ottawa area. Recently acquired P3 pro here - previously had P1. I've done a couple of flights around Bruce Pit recently.

@ pollobr, I'm in KIngston, getting a little tired this area maybe we should meet up one day.

Waiting for delivery of my P3 Adv. Never had phantom before, just play around with small drones. Any advice is very welcome!

Waiting for delivery of my P3 Adv. Never had phantom before, just play around with small drones. Any advice is very welcome!
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Enjoy your new quad and fly safe!

Reactions: flyottawa
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Enjoy your new quad and fly safe!

Thanks LuvMyTJ! I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a lot fun here! I hope to contribute more in the future as I'm going to have more experience with Phantom.

Hey people! So lots of buzz in this forum from Pilots in the Ottawa Valley. I've been posting to youtube a fair bit.. National Capital Drone Society if anyone is interested. Spring is coming...there will be a fair number of cool new construction projects underway (Zibi), Downtown, Museums, etc. let's plot out some cool video shoots!

Hi everyone! I'm in the Perth area. I'd appreciate knowing if there's a meeting anywhere in the Ottawa Valley/Kingston region.

Im from Ottawa and have a P3 4k. Is there a community forum/Facebook group where info is posted?

Also interested in finding other Phantom pilots in the Ottawa area. Recently acquired P3 pro here - previously had P1. I've done a couple of flights around Bruce Pit recently.
Looking for someone to help/coach in my first flight. Anything happening in Ottawa?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers