other not dji motors for the phantom

Reaction score
I'm looking into replacing the stock dji phantom motors 2212 920kv !
What can i put in place, if possible is there a solution in not using other dji motors
are there no other motors we can use as for ex. turnigy, ...
The ESC's in the phantom have how many amps ?

thx in advance for the info
/\/\ax2206

Yes, of course you can use other motors. I am using T-Motor MN2214-11 Anti-Gravity motors on mine.
They are a direct replacement.
The wires on replacement motors are not color coded. Check motor rotation, and if it's not right, just switch any two wires.

I believe the Phantom's esc's are 18 amp. Do not even bother trying to replace them with something different, there is no
room. The stock esc's have a hole in them to clear a screw mounting boss that protrudes through them. The LED lights
are mounted directly to the bottom of them too.

Also, we are finding that the Phantom's plastic motor mounts are showing showing signs of fatigue from impacts, upgraded
motors, carbon fiber props, larger props, and additional weight.
read some of the posts regarding motor upgrades etc.

Audaciter said:
Yes, of course you can use other motors. I am using T-Motor MN2214-11 Anti-Gravity motors on mine.
The wires on replacement motors are not color coded. Check motor rotation, and if it's not right, just switch any two wires.

I believe the Phantom's esc's are 18 amp. Do not even bother trying to replace them with something different, there is no
room. The stock esc's have a hole in them to clear a screw mounting boss that protrudes through them. The LED lights

Also, we are finding that the Phantom's plastic motor mounts are showing showing signs of fatigue from impacts, upgraded

I have signs of stress cracks arond the motor mounts plastic :( already 15 flights. only... :evil:

If you are going to replace the existing motors, you might as well "upgrade". Do some research, and look for motors
designed specifically for multi rotor applications. An airplane motor may fit, but the bearings won't hold up, and good
bearings are crucial for a multi-rotor.
Also, having that having the 3mm shaft sticking out the end of the motor is highly undesirable, screwing the prop adapter directly
to the end of the motor with 3 screws is preferred.

Although I've never used one, there are motor size calculators to determine if a particular combination is worthwhile.
It all has to work together, battery voltage / mah rating, prop size, multi-rotor size / weight, esc, and motor.

You cannot use the motor mounts that come with some of the motors either. The motor mount screw spacing I believe
to be 16mm and 19mm. The outside diameter cannot exceed 28mm, or the top shell wont fit.

Motors are like props, do a "LOT" of shopping around.

Yes i now but i'm looking for a low cost solution. I already looked at some other motors and they are going to cost me around 200 euro. And for a hobby i find that a little bit expensive. i already fly with those motors i mentioned on my other quad an tricopter.

Is there no low cost solution ...

regards
/\/\ax2206

Audaciter said:

Quick question I Noticed you live in the USA, I recently purchased a spare shell I'd like to build up with those antigravity motors, where did you buy them from ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31