OSD with latitude and longitude

Reaction score
i am looking dor an osd for my phantom that in addition to the usual display, I am also look to get latitude and longitude display. The tiny ghost is no longer available as that seemed to have what I was looking for. Does anyone have a suggestiong for the DJI that will get me the features I am looking for?

You'll need to get an OSD that has a built-in GPS or an external GPS module, many common OSD systems have or can add that.

One of the common options is the EzOSD: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... ts_id=1186

You could also get lat/long data sent to your TX via a telemetry system, such as FrSky. I'm actually using both methods (OSD and separate telemetry) for redundancy.

i thought some can connect right to the gps built into the phantom, just by soldering a wire to the gps unit. is that not possible?

it looks like what i need. Have you used one on the dji phantom? and the price is great!

xstatic said:
i thought some can connect right to the gps built into the phantom, just by soldering a wire to the gps unit. is that not possible?

Not possible at present. There is a logging device that does this but it doesn't provide OSD functionality.

xstatic said:
it looks like what i need. Have you used one on the dji phantom? and the price is great!

I currently have it on my Phantom and it works as advertised. The guy selling them prides himself on FAST shipping - it came 2 days faster than promised then he followed up when I had questions - straight up guy on Ebay.

Was it easy to. Connect to the gps? i guess that just goes to the gps module on top of the phantom. also do you have to reset the home each time you take off from a different location?

rilot said:
xstatic said:

Not possible at present. There is a logging device that does this but it doesn't provide OSD functionality.

It IS possible, and I have exactly that set up :)

I have an FireBug OSD (FBOSD Ghost) tho jay has stopped making them, there is still some movement behind the scenes, and now and then (on the RCGroups forum) somebody will list a ghost for sale. If you are good at soldering, you can also wire the naza directly to a MinimOSD and compile the code to enable to OSD, inc lat/log, search for naza OSD for less than $20, the main thread is on RCGroups but I also linked it on here.

Here is also somebody looking at reviving the ghost, but I don't know how the negotiations are progressing between jay and the new guy :)

Driffill said:
It IS possible, and I have exactly that set up :)

I have an FireBug OSD (FBOSD Ghost) tho jay has stopped making them, there is still some movement behind the scenes, and now and then (on the RCGroups forum) somebody will list a ghost for sale. If you are good at soldering, you can also wire the naza directly to a MinimOSD and compile the code to enable to OSD, inc lat/log, search for naza OSD for less than $20, the main thread is on RCGroups but I also linked it on here.

Here is also somebody looking at reviving the ghost, but I don't know how the negotiations are progressing between jay and the new guy :)

OK, that's fantastic. I'd never heard of this project before.
I have a MinimOSD kicking around from when I was messing with APM so I may try this myself.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20