Osd help!

Reaction score
Hi guys. Hope everyone is manangeing to get out with your quads in these winter months... I know I am using every opportunity to get my phantom up. My question today is I am looking at buying the ezosd Om screen display and was wondering what the compatibility between itself and a different vtxs are. I have a 200 mw tx of an unknown brand to me. I bought it from this website http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/FPV/Phantom- ... -152-2451/ and the system works perfectly. However does anyone know of the ezosd will work with this tx? I have a feeling it is a boscam model but there is no writing what so ever on it... Or will the ezosd just work with any tx? Any feedback would be appreciated :)

[edit] post had bad / irrelevant data

Thanks QYV however I should probably of made this clear to start with I have a Phantom FC40 which I have converted to 2.4ghz control. So I do not have easy access to a CAN-BUS socket otherwise I'd be right there with the mini iOSD. I'm not with my quad at the moment but as memory serves I have wires going into the first and third wires out of 5 on the TX. Hope this helps!

ah my bad I can't claim to know anything about the FC40. I went and looked up the ezosd so now I know what that is. I have no idea how the ezosd will get the telemetry data from the FC40, but in terms of the video feed it's the same concept... so yes, you'd take the video (and ground I assume) cables that currently go into your video transmitter, and those would go to the video-in on the ezosd. you would then need to patch the video OUT cables from the ezosd to those video-in cables on the transmitter.
so the video signal from the source goes into the ezosd, then out to the video transmitter. that's how the ezosd can overlay it's image onto the video signal. The answer to your original question is yes, osd devices should work with any transmitter as long as the (video) cables are patched correctly.

None of that describes how the ezosd gets actual flight telemetry data... I can't say for sure but I assume it's from that "EZBUS5" connector.
On the Phantom2 that data comes on the CAN=BUS port

Cool. That's put my mind at rest slightly since it seems things are generic. Fro. My understanding the ezosd uses its own GPS allong with a current sensor for telemetary. If anyone knows otherwise with boscam and ezpsd compatibility please let me know before I make a very costly mistake!

Here is the wiring diagram for my vtx i dug out. it seems that it is the same as a immersion but there is only one audio in line. What does the NC port stand for? is this just not connected?

Attachments

• IMAG0349.jpg
    IMAG0349.jpg
    650.7 KB · Views: 350
Joesrevolution said:
What does the NC port stand for? is this just not connected?
Yes.

Yes the EzOSD will work with most any vTx (just a matter of splicing the right wires), and yes it captures its own telemetry instead of reading it from the NAZA :)

In my opinion it's the next best OSD for use in a Phantom if you don't want DJI's option.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj