Osborne House - Isle of Wight

Reaction score
Here's my latest video from the DJI Phantom. I got a chance to film a pretty amazing spot on the Isle of Wight, England called Osborne House.

Definitely time for a 3 axis gimbal I think. All the videos are super smooth except some movement from side to side.

Anyway, here's the video!

http://vimeo.com/104558855

Nice! I loved all the tracking shots......I need to use that more myself.....and the flying in low and rising up is a great shot too. Nicely done.....thanks for sharing.

4wd said:
How did you get the place to yourself?!
I wonder if Victoria ever imagined it would stay so much as it was - well over 100 years later.

I was given access to the site by English Heritige so I went early morning for sunrise and an evening session. Looks pretty spooky with no one around!
Victoria was lucky to have this as a holiday home :)

SBGfilms said:
4wd said:
I wonder if Victoria ever imagined it would stay so much as it was - well over 100 years later.

I was given access to the site by English Heritige so I went early morning for sunrise and an evening session. Looks pretty spooky with no one around!

I was just given access to a local historical cemetery with impressive landscapes and monuments. I am certainly going to take note of some of your techniques. I have a couple of questions for you: What model are you using? Are you using any filters? What effects did you apply in post? I ask because the shots of the sun look great (Whereas my P2V+ shots look washed out when facing the sun).

Great work!

Stunning!
I really don't think a 3D gimbal is going to have that much effect when you are getting such good results as it is. Love the grading as well.

sidebox said:
SBGfilms said:
4wd said:
I wonder if Victoria ever imagined it would stay so much as it was - well over 100 yearsRa later.

I was just given access to a local historical cemetery with impressive landscapes and monuments. I am certainly going to take note of some of your techniques. I have a couple of questions for you: What model are you using? Are you using any filters? What effects did you apply in post? I ask because the shots of the sun look great (Whereas my P2V+ shots look washed out when facing the sun).

Great work!

Thanks! Im using a phantom 1.1.1 with FeiYu Tech FY G3 gimbal, Gopro hero 3 black edition, shot in Raw.
Some shots in 2.7k 30 played back at 25fps others at 1080 60p , depends how windy it is!
I used a ND filter for most of the shots to help with over exposure and jello problems.

In post I organise clips in After effects, warp stabaliser, optics compensation to get rid of fish eye then edit in premier pro.
Finally Graded with Filmconvert.

Hope that helps!

Did you just contact English Heritige and ask if you could film/fly there? Its good if they are willing to allow access to their properties out of hours to get footage if thats the case.

Great video. Did you get another FeiYu Tech FY G3 gimbal, or were you able to repair it after that crash you had in one of your early flights?

cheers

bill

fly-catchers said:
Did you just contact English Heritige and ask if you could film/fly there? Its good if they are willing to allow access to their properties out of hours to get footage if thats the case.

Great video. Did you get another FeiYu Tech FY G3 gimbal, or were you able to repair it after that crash you had in one of your early flights?

cheers

bill

I was contacted by the marketing manager of the southern region EH to make them a video after a previews video I made.
It was super cool that they let me fly there but you could tell they were a bit worried about me flying into priceless artefacts!

I did break my first FeiYu Tech gimbal, I crashed pretty badly that time but I bought another one because I like the strength of the brushless motors. You can pop a large nd filter on the gopro and the gimbal wont even flinch!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen