Original Phantom 2 -- Gimbal hits the bottom of the phantom (yaw)

Reaction score
I came across an original phantom 2 for basically free, since I had an H3-3D around I figured I would just mount it and go -- however the hole is square and the gimbal doesn't fit through it like on the phantom 2 v2.0. Is there a "kit" to space the gimbal down? I know this is an older model, but it flies great.

Last edited:
I came across an original phantom 2 for basically free, since I had an H3-3D around I figured I would just mount it and go -- however the hole is square and the gimbal doesn't fit through it like on the phantom 2 v2.0. Is there a "kit" to space the gimbal down? I know this is an older model, but it flies great.

There is an adapter plate but that will only the gimbal and camera right on the ground or close to it. Instead mount the bracket and circle the motor hole out with a pencil then use a dermal tool with a sanding drum to cutout the hole. I did just that on my original P2 shell and it work just fine. But the gimbal is still to close to the ground so I ordered snap on landing gear extensions which increased the clearance by 30mm.

DJI Phantom 2, Vision, Vision + Snap-on 30 MM Riser for landing gear.

Jason, I saw you responded:

"The problem with that gimbal mounting bracket is that it will lower gimbal and camera within a 1/8" or closer to the ground. Hit the ground to hard and gimbal, camera or both will be damaged.
Here are two photos of the landing gear extensions." but then it isn't here anymore.

I assume you saw that it comes with longer landing gear? those should be ok, correct?

Jason, I saw you responded:

"The problem with that gimbal mounting bracket is that it will lower gimbal and camera within a 1/8" or closer to the ground. Hit the ground to hard and gimbal, camera or both will be damaged.
Here are two photos of the landing gear extensions." but then it isn't here anymore.

I assume you saw that it comes with longer landing gear? those should be ok, correct?

I looked up the kit you bought not only mounting bracket but it also has longer landing gear. So there wasn't any need for the above thread that is why I hit the delete and it appears it didn't get deleted. Oh well !!

I looked up the kit you bought not only mounting bracket but it also has longer landing gear. So there wasn't any need for the above thread that is why I hit the delete and it appears it didn't get deleted. Oh well !!

It did get deleted, I got an email about it but didn't see it here, that explains it! Thanks for the help anyhow!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4